All About Grimes

All About Grimes

Where she started and all that Grimes is.

142
All About Grimes
NME: Life hacks

"I think of myself as more of a producer than singer" Grimes tells 'Grammy Pro' at Lollapalooza in 2016. The 27-year-old-small started writing music which led her to be interested in learning about mixing on Garage Band. This helped jump start her independent project now known as Grimes. The electronic experimental singer does everything herself. From the album art to the final details in mixing the sounds, Grimes dedicates her time to creating art from all angles of the releasing an album.

The Canadian singer and producer has four full-length studio albums out and one EP. Geildi Primes released back in 2010 on cassette only. Within the same year, Grimes released another album and began touring internationally, rather than locally. After the release of Visions, Grimes started catching the attention of news outlets and a little bit larger fan base. Her most recent release, Art Angles. The first single off the album Blood Diamonds, was ranked number fourteen in Rolling Stone's Best New Songs. Within the release, Grimes opened for Lana Del Rey and then that same summer, she headlined her own tour.

In 2014, Grimes wrote a blog post expressing how she felt about the use of drugs. When she was recording her third full-length album Grimes told CMJ in an interview, "I blacked out the windows and did tons of amphetamines and stayed up for three weeks and didn’t eat anything." This was in order to finish the album in the short matter of time she was given from her record label. "All they've ever done is kill my friends and cause me to be unproductive," she adds. Grimes does not want people to take after this as being "cool" and to not be part of her story.

It is really bizarre that people police her body hair as she just recently started shaving again. "I'm rebelling against my old body hair," she says. Grimes does not have an ego. She seem's like a very grounded person as the McCartney said to Grimes in their interview, "The Guardian recently said that you’re the woman making the most exciting pop music on the planet." Grimes believe's that as long as Beyonce is alive it's not true.

Grimes also killed Grimes, but don't worry Grimes is back!

Recently, Grimes started a new instagram page precisely for sharing her artwork only. Find the page here.

She sure has came a long way in the music career and it's mostly because of her creative sound and unique outfits. She only took two singing lessons and learned Garage Band from a friend in exchange for food. Grimes shows that if you beat the odds, you shouldn't care if people think you're weird because that's you. Dedicate yourself to something you love to do and you will be seen.