Abortion Is A Right Covered By The Constitution

It falls under the same amendment that covers family planning.

294

The 9th Amendment of the constitution is the one that states that not every right that a person in the United States has, has to be written down. This is because some rights are so basic that the founding fathers saw no need to write them down.

Some of these rights include the right to raise your kids, the right to privacy, and the right to family planning. And guess what abortion, birth control, and the use of condoms all fall under family planning.

So, even if you don't agree with abortion it is not your choice. It is covered under the constitution and just as much as people have the right to privacy they also have the right to have an abortion. Weather or not someone has an abortion is no ones business but their own.

I understand that this is a hot button issue and that many conservatives are going to disagree with me and what I have said about abortion. However, those same people are going to use their right to privacy and their rights to raise their kids.

My goal is not to make people angry by making this statement however, you can't use only the parts of things like the bible and the constitution when what they are saying backs up your beliefs.

If you support the use of condoms and birth control then you support the right to family planning so support the entire right to family planning and not only the things that go along with your beliefs.

Abortion is currently only legal up till the ninth week of a pregnancy that is because this is when it is considered a fetus and no longer an embryo. When it becomes a fetus is when it really begins to grow and develop organs before that it is truly just a sack of cells. That means that once it starts to have human characteristics is when it becomes illegal to terminate a pregnancy.

So the argument that many people have of "you're killing a baby." is not totally true because it is not truly a baby yet. Before nine weeks its nothing and it is highly possible at that stage of pregnancy the chances of having a miscarriage is extremely high anyway.

So rather than trying to take away the right to an abortion when it is covered in the constitution think about if you'd want your right to bear arms taken from you.