Dear Women
Politics

Dear Women

An open letter to all women

5
Dear Women

Dear women,

Women everywhere. All women, of all shapes and sizes; of all religions and races. We as a group must recognize the deeply disturbing setback we are experiencing. This setback travels farther, and runs deeper than the idea of whether or not you are pro or anti abortion. Open your eyes to see that this setback represents the years and years of oppression that we, as women, continue to strive to overcome. Having a choice does not force you to chose a side. Having a choice allows you to have freedom. This choice represents having ownership over your body, and over the outcome of your life. Politicians do not live the life that we do. With little woman representation, it is hard for me to understand how any man could fathom the experience of, not only being pregnant, but giving birth to a child when unprepared. The voice of society is not a reasonable voice. It is not a voice that lives day to day in the real world. It is a voice of control. It is a voice of misogynistic inclinations. A voice of subjective religions beliefs, and a voice of archaic outdated principals. The mere idea of a small group of government employees, dictating how women of different races, religions, occupations, and circumstances have to live there life is troubling. What kind of world progresses in reverse? What kind of society looks backwards in hopes of moving forward? How can we as women, who are moving forward in this world, and rising up, and taking a stand; relinquish our rights to our own body? There are children in foster care, in poverty, on the streets, and yet no care, bills, or publicity shines on them. We worry so deeply about the unborn and yet the born are falling before us. When will we stop pouring time and effort into the concept of the unborn, and begin focusing deeper on the children in our education systems who come to school hungry, tired, unprepared. When will we begin to pour time, effort, and resources into our new mothers, and providing them with the help they need? We stray away from these issues because we, as a society, are caught up in defending the unborn, and enforcing criminalizing laws on women being raped. Progress is not to look back. We cannot repeat past mistakes hoping for a better outcome. Abortions have occurred whether they were legal or not. Legalization simply allows for them to be done to regulation al that mothers have better chances of living.

Do not vote for women's rights to be revoked. Do not encourage the male-heavy government to make the decision for you. Abortion being legal does not mean you have to receive one, it means that another woman can. Trust you fellow women with the right their bodies and their future. Allow them to make the choice.