To "A Little Bit Longer," The First Album I Fell In Love With

To 'A Little Bit Longer,' The First Album I Fell In Love With

Thanks for teaching me about life.

17

Can you believe it's been 10 years since the release date of one of the most ICONIC albums of my childhood?

I remember making my mom drive me to the nearest Walmart after school so I could spend my allowance on this album. The OG that was there from the beginning, the one full of bops, the one, the only, "A Little Bit Longer" by the Jonas Brothers.

It's no secret that the Jonas Brothers were the first boy band I've ever loved. Their music taught me so much about life, love, relationships and friendships before I fully understood what any of it meant.

This album is important to me, not just because it was written by the boy band that taught me so much before I comprehended these things, but because it's the first album I ever owned. It's the album that made me beg for my mom for a CD player.

At the time, I didn't quite get why the music made me so happy. I would listen to it after school and dance around my room for hours.

Sure, the lyrics were cheesy and meant to be fun, but they made my 12-year-old heart swell will happiness and helped me forget about my troubles.

I was just a kid jamming to "A Little Bit Longer" in my room, hoping that I'd get the chance to see them live one day.

We can't ever forget about that iconic rap from Big Rob in "Burnin' Up" and that time Nick left us all in tears with the song about his diabetes, "A Little Bit Longer," I think I cried for a week when I found out the meaning behind it.

My friends and I spent hours GUSHING over these boys and defending them when people said their music was stupid. Even back then, I stood up for what I loved and believed in.

I didn't know what it meant to love a band so much back then, but I do now. And I have the Jonas Brothers to thank for that.

"A Little Bit Longer," thanks for the hours of singing, dancing and crying with my friends. Thanks for being my first album and thanks for having an impact on me that forever changed my life.

You're a bop and I'm not afraid to admit that I pop you in my CD player and stream you on Spotify from time-to-time.

It truly does not feel like 10 years since your release date and I'm getting emotional thinking about it.

The only question I have now is: will there be a reunion?