A Letter To My Nephew

A Letter to my Nephew, from your Young Aunt

You have no idea how much of an impact you have had on my life.

818
Christa Ouellette

Dear Nephew,

You came into my life at the best time. Once my sister gave us the news that you would be arriving soon, I didn't think my heart could become any more full. To my surprise, I was so wrong.

I had no idea I could love someone as much as I love you. I look forward to every babysitting session, family get together, and birthday party.

Okay, maybe not the latter, just because it means we're all getting older.

I know it feels like I go weeks, or sometimes months, without seeing you. As you know, school is crazy. I mean, I just got done helping you with an astronomy project a few weeks ago! I hate to tell you, kiddo: it doesn't get much easier.

I just want you to know that I think about you every day. It seems to be that all I want during that super long lecture is to blow bubbles and build forts with you. I know you're proud of me for going to college, but I want you to know that I'm proud of you, too. You're paving your own way, and that's actually really awesome.

Thank you for our silly video calls, story times, and moments I'll never let go of. I'm not sure if you know this, but you help motivate me to be a better person. I want to be the best aunt for you, which means being a role model and making good choices.

As much as I hate the idea of you growing up and becoming a bigger kid, I'm excited for it. It just means that I'm growing up, too. I can't wait for what the future has in store.

I hope that, as you grow, I can be there for you whenever you have questions, need help, or just need someone there for you. I'm always on your team.

I love you, kiddo.

-Your aunt in college.