A LETTER TO MY LEARNING DISABILITY
Parents

A LETTER TO MY LEARNING DISABILITY

39
A LETTER TO MY LEARNING DISABILITY

Dear My Learning Disorder:

Hello there! It's me, that girl. The girl whose body your currently running around inside of. (or at least that's what it feels like). I hate you, and no matter how many times I break down crying because of you, I am also very grateful for you too. Grateful that you made me into ME. You made it so I didn't want to believe in myself. You also made me into a person I am proud of every single day. Someone that is one of the hardest working people I know. I am 10 times better than you make me feel.

After many years of having you in my life, I've came to the conclusion that it is time to address some things. I want to start off by thanking you for opening my eyes to the creative side of life. You taught me that I am incredibly intelligent. You taught me that to succeed, I need to climb a mountain 20 times higher than the average person and I accept that. Sometimes I feel that without you in my life, these things wouldn't come so naturally. The amount of times that i've felt knocked down by you can almost out number the times that you made me even stronger. But without those challenging times, I wouldn't be anywhere near the person that sits here right now writing this. Overall I want to thank you for helping me become the person I am today and aspire to be in the future. Because of you i've become the best version of myself and will continue to stay this way for the rest of my life.

THANK YOU