A Letter for my 2020 self

A Letter for my 2020 self

As we roll over into the next decade and year, I want to reestablish my goals and drive for my goals.

110

Dear Caroline,

This will be another great year, but do not be fooled. Each year will prove to have it's ups and downs, and you must learn to take it in stride. Each experience, no matter if they are good or bad, will have a purpose in your life. It is important to enjoy each day and hour you have on this Earth, and you have to make your time count. You were sent here for a purpose, and everyday you are working to get closer and closer to that goal. Never stop dreaming and reaching for the stars, because you are going far in life.

Take time for yourself. I know it is easy for you to put others needs before your own, but do not neglect yourself. You cannot effectively help others if you are not at 100%. Much the same, it is okay to allow others to take care of you too. I know how hard it is for you to allow yourself to trust and be vulnerable, but sometimes it is necessary to take a step back and get help. With the help of others you can prosper into the person you were meant to be.

This year will provide so many great opportunities for you, and I hope for nothing more than you to enjoy them and soak up all the knowledge possible. Each experience you obtain is bringing you steps closer to all the great things you hope to achieve in life. You have been given the opportunities to make a difference in people's lives so do not take that for granted. Work with your heart and soul, and be a shining light for those around you. I cannot wait to see who all you impact this year.

God has a plan for you, and it is only right to continue to glorify him in all you do. Do not forget how your actions will effect others. You have a purpose here on this Earth to be an influence and lead a life like Christ. He has brought you so many blessings in this life, so do not forget to thank God everyday for them. Be grateful and humble in all things that you do. Much like how easy these gifts were given to you, they can just as quickly be taken away. Pray everyday, even if it is a simple hi and good morning talk to God. He holds your life in his hands, so use it wisely.

Do not take for granted the relationships. Each of the people in your life bring something valuable to the table, but it is up to you to savor them. Relationships take work, much like a flower. You have nature them with water, sunlight, and sometimes food in order for them to grow. If they are not taken care of properly, then they will wilt and die. Do not let any of those valuable relationships dwindle. Remember to put in the work for them and treat them with kindness and love. Take extra good care of them this year. allowing them to prosper.

Take this year to grow and learn. Meet new people. Chase after your dreams. Never give up. Truth be told, I could go on and on about how to use this wonderful year and decade, but this is life. Sometimes it will throw you a curve ball and you must adapt and overcome, but you have to take the bull by the horns and ride it out. You are capable of achieving so much, so go out there and do it. Never forget that I believe in you.

Go make some memories and live your life!