The Brutally Honest Comprehensive Guide To The Most Popular Majors At LSU

So what's YOUR major?

89
Sarah Wright

LSU is a very diverse college and the students here are some of the most interesting people you will ever meet. There are so many different majors and minors to choose from and they're each unique in their own way. Once you become acquainted with campus, you will begin to notice the types of students around you. Eventually, you will be able to identify what students belong to which major just by watching them.

To give you a head start, here's a rundown on some of the major majors (HAHA) here at LSU!

Engineering Majors

Graduating in four years? LOL, try five or six. Engineering majors literally do not sleep, and that's saying a lot because what collegiate actually gets a full nights sleep? But yeah, engineering majors are some tough cookies.

Education Majors

Sad and need a good hug or pep talk? Find an elementary ed major. From early childhood to high school, education majors are some of the kindest, most patient people on campus.

Mass Communication Majors

Very peppy, super active, how do people keep up with them?!? Mass comm majors are some very busy bees. This major covers such a wide variety of subjects that it's hard to identify a mass comm, but it's definitely a very popular major at LSU.

Business Majors

Just like mass comm, this is also a very popular major at LSU. Business majors are always great leaders, and supposedly they're super good at math. If you weren't already a super organized person, you definitely will be once you graduate as a business major!

Biology/Chemistry Majors

I am in no way a science person, and will forever have the highest respect for these majors. I once considered majoring in chemistry, so I looked at the classes they took and then proceeded to cry and became an education major instead. These two colleges cover a wide range of majors from pre-med, pre-vet to ecology. Definitely some smart cookies.

Pre-Law tracks

There is no pre-law major at LSU, but there are some majors that people go into in order to get into law school. Those majors include political science, psychology, and even English! If you want to talk politics, find a pre-law student!

Theatre

Theatre isn't the biggest major on campus, but they're definitely worth mentioning. When you think theater, you normally think acting, but there's so much more! LSU offers physical theatre, performance, musical theater, dance, costume design, and even arts administration.