Diverse Youtubers

A Diverse List Of 10 YouTubers Despite The Lack of Diversity During Brand Trips

Recently a company has faced backlash for their lack of diversity, but here’s a diverse list of YouTubers you may or may not have known about.

647
https://www.instagram.com/p/BkgsgTgBhSo/?igshid=15th86tpw98o2
@sara_pardy/Instagram

If you're deep into the YouTube world, you know there's been a lack of diversity regarding brand trips with a certain shopping company. This company takes influencers on trips around the world (notoriously known for their Fiji and Coachella trips), but have recently faced backlash for racism during their travels. Videos have surfaced showing segregation within the rooms of the trips, and white influencers receiving better treatment than influencers of color. Multiple influencers have spoken up about the way they were treated, and there's been an obvious constant that white influencers were not very aware of the situation, while influencers of color have given multiple examples of how they were being mistreated. It's not secret that the current YouTube trend consists of mostly white, teenage girls, so here's a list of ten amazing YouTubers you can add to your subscribed list!

1. LoveFromLiyax

LoveFromLiyax is a college student whose channel focuses on her daily life. Her channel includes daily vlogs, fashion videos, hair care routines, and DIYs. She's spoken up about her experience with diversity on YouTube, and some of her videos feature discussions about the prejudices she faces as a young, black woman. Liya is an inspiration to younger women like me, who are dealing with the same kind of issues while on a journey to self discovery.

2. Sazan Hendrix

The first video I ever watched of Sazan's was her announcing her pregnancy, and I subscribed less than a minute into it. Her personality and attitude are infectious, and you will find yourself laughing and smiling throughout her videos as her and her husband Stevie crack jokes and have playful banter. It's been over a year since I discovered her channel, and now it's filled with finding houses and a one year old named Teeny running around in the background. I thought Sazan being an actual adult would scare me off and make me find her channel less relatable, but its only drawn me to her life more. Her videos focus on fashion and beauty as well, but she also implements Christianity and other discussions into her channel. She and her husband also have a podcast where they discuss their everyday lives called The Good Life!

3. Shahd Batal

Shahd Batal is a muslim YouTuber whose channel focuses on nearly every aspect of her life. What drew me to Shahd was her "Shai with Shahd" videos where she discusses nearly every topic ranging from tattoos to mental health awareness. This channel has also been a go to for me because Shahd talks a lot about self discovery a lot as well, and it's always good to have someone to relate to while also encouraging and helping you on your journey.

4. Tasha Green

Tasha Green is a British YouTuber whose channel focuses on fashion, beauty, and working out. My favorite videos are her blogs because their well put together and makes me feel as if I'm there with her. She also makes videos about her vegan lifestyle, and her opinion on controversial topics.

5. Sunbeamsjess

I think sunbeamsjess was the very first YouTuber I fell in love with. She's another British YouTuber with the most soothing voice you will ever hear, and I always find myself going to her vlog channel and videos where she discusses her favorite books. She was the one who led me to my journey of becoming an English major (which I quickly changed when I realized I wasn't;t nearly as devoted as she was), and her university vlogs are on constant repeat the I'm in need of encouragement. She's always traveling, so a lot of her videos features trips to America, Africa, India, and different islands. She's most known for her sense of fashion, but I don't ever think I could be as bold and pull off the stuff she wears.

6. The Pardy Twins

Emma and Sara are twins from the state of Oregon. Their channel features, college vlogs, beauty videos, and (my absolute favorite) outfits of the week. I've been watching them since I was in middle school and would watch their videos every morning to find inspiration for my outfit for the day. They're funny and relatable, and their Instagram themes are so put together that I find myself on their profiles for inspiration quite often.

7. Kianna Naomi

Kianna Naomi is another YouTuber who has spoken up against the lack of diversity on YouTube. I know her from one of the brand's trips, which she has stated the prejudices and racist ways the company treated her. She's easily become one of my favorites because she's not afraid to speak her mind. Her channel includes fashion, beauty, and daily life vlogs, and she also talks about her college experiences and her new found path in musical theatre.

8. Asia Jackson

I've only recently come across Asia, but what drew me to her channel is that she starts off every video with an accent. She's an actress and implements different accents into her videos to practice. She's also on a self discovery journey, and I watched her videos during a time when I was super lost and had no idea who I was or who I was becoming. Her channel led me to the discovery of the law of attraction, which I believe everyone should implement into their lives.

9. Hitomi Mochizuki

Hitomi's channel features a lot of self discovery and spirituality videos. Her videos include self awareness videos, fashion, beauty, and health. My favorite videos are her discussions about mental health and self awareness as she navigates through a crazy life in New York.

10. Elena Taber

Elena Taber is living my dream life. Recently graduated from California, she up and moved to New York City and is still trying to figure out who she wants to be. Her channel includes travel videos, sustainability, fashion videos, and daily vlogs. She also does work with the United Nations, which is something I find super inspiring. Elena also has the BEST taste in music (although I might be a little biased as a seventies fanatic).