​A Career in Logistics with Senpex

​A Career in Logistics with Senpex

The on-demand economy has made life easier for consumers.

45
​A Career in Logistics with Senpex

.

The on-demand economy has made life easier for consumers. Gone are the days when they needed to leave their home, going from store to store to hunt down a product and dealing with the challenges that transportation might present. Now, with a few clicks, the products they want can be delivered to them with more options and less hassles.

For the product provider, however, the on-demand economy has made life much more complicated. Providing consumers with on-demand access means managing a raft of new systems that assure availability and guarantee delivery. To succeed, businesses must become experts in the field of logistics.

Anar Mammadov is not only an expert in the field of logistics, but he is a guide who shares that expertise with more than 2,000 corporate partners. He is the CEO ofSenpex, an innovator in the on-demand delivery space and a company that has attracted top talent pursuing careers in logistics. By leveraging technology to truly understand performance metrics, Anar has created a workplace where both customers and employees can experience growth and success.

“The success that Senpex is able to consistently deliver for our clients is driven in large part by the ways that we gather, analyze, and leverage data,” Anar says. “From our AI-driven route optimization to workload forecasting, Senpex’s logistics platform is constantly processing data to achieve the best delivery outcomes. It is a process that takes on-demand commerce to the next level.”

Through its software as a service (SaaS) option, Senpex allows businesses to bring its logistics expertise in house, integrating the powerful Senpex platform with its own internal systems in order to optimize the process. However, experts like Anar know that success requires more than software. It takes a dedicated team that is committed to making logistics work.

“Being successful at logistics requires an invested and committed team of people who are motivated to do their best work,” Anar explains. “At Senpex, we make sure that all of our teams, from dispatch to data analytics to delivery, have incentives that are meaningful to them and that communicate the important role that they play. It creates a workplace where people can have meaningful, satisfying, and rewarding careers.”

For Senpex and other delivery companies, drivers play a critical role in the logistics process. In fact, some viewlast-mile delivery — the term used to describe the stage of the on-demand process in which products finally make it to the customer’s door — as the most critical element of logistics. As a result, keeping drivers motivated is a top priority.

“The success that we have achieved has a lot to do with the excellent performance of our drivers, who include more than 8,000 employees spread across the US,” says Anar. “We know that if they don’t do their job, we can’t deliver on our promises, so we are committed to making sure that they are cared for and well compensated.”

Senpex attracts top talent to its driving team by offering a better pay structure than that which is offered by most other delivery companies. In addition, drivers can earn bonuses when their metrics meet certain thresholds. This can involve consistently delivering above a certain volume or consistently ensuring that deliveries are made within the promised timeframe.

“We look at the data provided by our analytical dashboards, which tracks our success at fulfilling orders on time, to identify our top performers and make sure that they are rewarded,” says Anar. “When they do their job well, it brings more profit for the company and more profit for themselves. It's a very transparent way for us to motivate our team and reward a job well done.”

Providing a high level of flexibility is another factor that Anar has found to be motivational for his team. Senpex’s hybrid work environment allows all employees the flexibility they need to balance work and family commitments. For drivers, flexibility means the capability to decide when they work, how often they work, and the type of deliveries that they are assigned.

“A career in logistics can be very demanding, but also very rewarding,” says Anar. “Senpex has succeeded by creating a work environment that attracts and rewards ambitious, driven, results-oriented people.”