27 Forgotten Animated Movies We Used To Love

Treasures that will always hold a special place in our hearts.

27767
Bustle

If you are a 90’s baby, chances are you grew up watching all sorts of animated movies, most of which were Disney treasures. Sure, everyone today remembers, “Tarzan,” “Lion King,” “Cinderella,” “The Little Mermaid,” “Aladdin,” and “Bambi,” but what about the other animated treasures we used to watch when we were toddlers? There are a lot of great animated movies, Disney and non-Disney, that we used to love, that are not as well known today.

If you have seen most, or all, of these forgotten animated movies, chances are your childhood was pretty amazing. If you have not seen any of these movies, I am sorry… but you really missed out.

1. “Dinosaur”

A combination of lemurs and dinosaurs, what can be better?

2. “FernGully”

This is why we must protect the rainforests; the fairies are depending on us!

3. “The Black Cauldron”

Probably one of the most forgotten Disney movies ever made, but probably one of the best.

4. “Once Upon a Forest”

Furling's racing to rescue a toddler raccoon poisoned by gas, it doesn't get any cuter!

5. “Thumbelina”

Our days were made when we discovered this classic is on Netflix.

6. “The Land Before Time”

Little Foot, Cera, Spike, Ducky, and Petrie, the best dinosaur friends ever.

7. “An American Tail”

Even mice migrate to new countries.

8. “The Last Unicorn”

One of my all-time-favorite movies ever made.

9. “All Dogs Go to Heaven”

Except for the evil ones...

10. “The Secret of NIMH”

There is a big difference between mice and rats...

11. “Rescuers Down Under”

When in Australia, try not to get involved with poachers, but if you do, it will make for an awesome adventure!

12. “Kiki’s Delivery Service”

We all wished we were witches in training after this Japanese animated fantasy film.

13. “Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron”

One of the most underrated films of all times.

14. “The Swan Princess”

We all wanted to be Odette, admit it.

15. “Quest for Camelot”

We all wanted to become knights and go on a quest; a two-headed dragon friend wouldn't hurt either.

16. “The Elm-Chanted Forest”

Probably one of the weirdest films we loved as kids, especially when we re-watch it as adults.

17. “Balto”

Forever wanting a wolf-dog after watching this amazing movie.

18. “Antz”

Even ants want to make a difference in their society, and find true love.

19. “Chicken Run”

You almost felt bad about having chickens, almost.

20. “The Road to El Dorado”

Tulio and Miguel are my spirit animals.

21. The Animated "Lord of the Rings"

Yes, there was an animated series along with the movies you know and love today. Were they great quality movies? Probably not, but we did love them at the time.

22. “Watership Down”

This was, at times frightening, and all around heartbreaking…

23. “Happily Ever After”

Want to know what happened to Snow White after they defeat the evil queen?

24. “The Jungle King”

Another great animated film about a lion king trying to save his jungle kingdom.

25. “Pokémon the First Movie”

Man, that ending will get you every time.

26. "The Tale of Tillie's Dragon"

We all wished we had a Herman in our lives.

27. Barbie movies

If you didn't own any of these movies as a young girl, you're lying.

These may be forgotten movies from our time, but we will always remember how much we loved them as youngsters. Go on and watch your favorites and relive the magic all over again. Yes, yes we are in college, but that doesn't mean we aren't allowed to watch animated movies!