9 Ways To Celebrate Your Birthday In Quarantine

As much as it sucks to social distance on your special day, here are some ways to make it more exciting!

1000

When COVID-19 really started to take over the world, we knew that quite a few things would get cancelled. However, amidst all of the cancelled things there are things, like birthdays, that cannot be cancelled. For all my Aries (and potentially Taurus) babies, you are all probably going to be cooped up in your quarantine location on your birthday. I'm right there with you and guess what? I'm annoyed about it. Although this situation sucks and no one wants to be unable to celebrate their birthday with their friends and family, so here are some ideas to ensure that the Coronavirus doesn't ruin your special day:

1. Go Zoomin'

With the rise in popularity of the video chat app, Zoom, many people have been using it to keep in touch with family and friends that they are not quarantining with. This could be a perfect platform to host a virtual birthday party! Get a Zoom code/password ready, send it out to all your friends, and have yourself a party! Clearly, it would have to be BYOB, but you can get creative and even have a theme if you'd like!

2. Drink around the world, from home. 

This is a particularly good idea for those that are turning 21 while on lockdown. Set up different areas of your house, with decorations ordered off of Amazon, to look like a couple of different countries! Next, go to the store (or order delivery/Instacart groceries if you don't feel comfortable braving the store) and purchase something foods and 'beverages' that originate in each of the countries you chose! Now, after everything is set up in its respective area of your house, let your family head from station to station trying drinks and foods from around the world!

3. Get fancy. 

I'm sure all of us have been in sweats and PJs all day long since we have no one to see and nowhere to go. For your special day, switch it up!! Throw on some makeup, do your hair, and put on a nice outfit just to walk to your kitchen!! It might also be fun to use your nice china plates and set the table with a tablecloth and a vase with flowers as a centerpiece, like a real fancy restaurant would! Now it's up to you whether you wanna order in from your favorite restaurant (preferably a local business) or if you wanna splurge on groceries and cook a fancy meal! This could be especially fun if you tee quarantined with your family, because you can all cook and get dressed up together!

4. Bake your own cake.

Not only will this keep you busy all day, but this gives you the freedom to make your cake exactly how you want it! No surprise messages on the top, or weird flavors your friends and family thought you'd enjoy, because you're making it yourself. This can be a fun activity for the creative humans out there too, because not only do you get to experiment with flavors of cakes and frostings, but you can decorate it as simplistic, or as complicated as your heart desires! If you have little ones at home, this could also be a fun way to get the whole family involved and spend quality time together for your birthday, which is probably all you ever wanted anyway. Also, baking a cake can spiral into baking all sorts of things, and maybe down the line, you'll end up on "The Great British Baking Championship." I'll accept your thank you in advance.

5. Ice cream for breakfast!

This has been a tradition in my family for years now, but when any family member has a birthday everyone gets to have ice cream for breakfast. Obviously, sweets for breakfast isn't an everyday occurrence nor should it be, but for a handful of days every year, it is justified. Go to the store or get your favorite ice cream delivered the night before, throw it in your freezer and pig out. The best birthday ice cream is one with all the fixins, so make sure you grab the whipped cream, sprinkles, and my personal favorite, waffles, and make the Mac daddy of all (waffle) sundaes to celebrate a kick-ass start to what has to be a great birthday. How can you have a bad day when you start it with your favorite ice cream?

6. Spa day.

This seems like more of a girly birthday idea, but no discrimination here!! So, definitely something that you can share with anyone who's willing to participate! You can get yourself some hair, face, really anything masks to treat yourself! You could also grab your favorite color nail polish, a bath bomb, or even some self tanner if you're into that. Take the whole day and spend it pampering yourself with your quarantine crew! Not only will it give you something fun to do all day long, but you'll feel glowy and healthy to celebrate your special day!

7. Crafty creative day .

A lot of people are turning to crafts during this quarantine to keep busy, so why not make a full day out of it! Grab some paints, canvases, adult coloring books, gel pens, scrapbooking materials, or whatever your heart desires from a local store/Amazon, and get crafty! You could craft up some games to play (like spin the tail on the donkey), or just paint something pretty to hang up in your house! You could even take the creative level to doing something like making a blanket fort to hang out and play video games or watch movies in all day! This one has a million options and things you can do with it, so get creative and get crafty!

8. Backyard olympics.

For the athlete in your family, plan a day full of fun backyard games and competitions in home workouts to keep you active and busy with things you love on your special day!

9. Photo shoot.

This is a favorite for all the college gals. Beat your face, throw some heat on your hair, let's call it "recruitment ready" for some people to better understand. Then after throwing on a cute outfit, go downstairs and set yourself up a cute photo area. Whether that be complete with a tapestry, metallic fringe, numbered balloons, or a crown/sash, it's up to you how you wanna customize your shoot! Now grab your family, or your quarantine pals and get to taking pictures! Now you'll feel special, have something to do, and take some fire pics for the gram. Not to mention, you'll look all cute for your birthday dinner and cake that I assume most people will recreate at home no matter what.