9 Times College Students Were Actually Aziz Ansari

It's important to remember to treat yo self

Actor, comedian and author Aziz Ansari (known for his role as Tom Haverford in the hit TV show Parks and Rec) is a goofy and relatable funny-man. Aziz also has some of the best facial expressions of modern television, therefore inspiring this post.

1. When you forgot you had homework

nme.com

We've all been there. You get home, think about what you have to do that night, and feel the sweet relief of having absolutely no obligations whatsoever. You put on Netflix, cuddle your body pillow, and feel utterly satisfied with life...until you get to class the next morning and realize you did, in fact, have a two-page reflection due.

2. Student ID photos

redbubble.com

It's move-in day. You're a nervous but excited little freshman. Your parents are watching from the side. It's hot. There's hundreds of other sweaty, hormonal teenagers near you. And you're forced to smile for a picture that will serve as your ID for the next four years. No pressure!

3. When you unexpectedly get a good grade

msmagazine.com

At one point or another, we'll be given assignments we don't completely understand. The responsible college student would go see their professor for clarification...but sometimes we just don't have the time to make that happen. So we kind of just wing it and hope for the best. And then we celebrate when we get higher than a C+.

4. When the professor goes from the syllabus straight to the notes

time.com

This constitutes as cruel and unusual punishment.

5. When you're waiting for your friends in the dining hall

pastemagazine.com

Being alone in the dining hall isn't the worst thing in the world, but it is uncomfortable. Especially if you're sitting at a table for five, and you're the only one there. I swear I'm not hogging the table.

6. When you're trying to figure out what the professor is talking about

parade.com

Some classes are better than others. And that's okay. Just fake it till ya make it.

7. When you're trying to stay awake during an 8 a.m.

femmeandfortune.com

If you woke up late and didn't have time to get coffee, keeping your eyes open is basically impossible.

8. When you're third/fifth wheeling

time.com

It's that time of the year: the months are getting colder, and couples are getting together. But for those of us not in a relationship, that can be a bit awkward at social events, like parties. So you might as well just sit there sipping your tea and hope eventually the couples will get tired of making out (spoiler: they won't).

9. When your parents ask you how your grades are doing

quotesgram.com

I haven't even had mid-terms yet, but I still get this question at least once a week. I like to think I have a 4.0, since none of my professors have put grades in yet. So either I'm doing really, really well, or really, really poorly.