9 Things To Know To In Order To Master The Fashion World

9 Fast Facts You'll Need If You Want To Navigate The Fashion World

And stay in Anna Wintour's good graces.

134
https://giphy.com/gifs/wes-anderson-4OwmnvYvuKyic
Unsplash

Ah, the fashion world, one of the most prestigious clubs you can be in.

If you want to rock it, there are many things to know and many things to make sure you do not do. You must make sure to not make silly mistakes because others are sure to not forget your errors or fashion faux pas. Here are nine tips to know to master the fashion world, and keep you on Anna's good side:

1. Louis Vuitton is not the same as Louboutin.

Louis Vuitton, famous for their LV pattern on bags, trunks, shoes, everything. Christian Louboutin, most famous for those beautiful heels you see with their signature red bottom. Yes, they sound similar, no they are not the same thing.

Louboutin's.

2. Givenchy is not pronounced "give-en-chee."

Say it with me... "zhiv-on-shee."

3. Just because Gigi Hadid rocked it doesn't mean you need to. 

Yes...we all saw how great she looked in what she was wearing. Yes, it was a pajama set. No, if you show up in the same pajama set and heels, it will not be considered fashionable.

4. Tone it down. 

Less can totally and in most cases be more. Glitz and glitter are cool if it's your thing, but if you don't have to flash glitz to master the fashion world. Simplicity can be the highest form of elegance.

5. Know the staple "fashion weeks." 

The Big Four: Paris, New York, Milan, London.

6. Know what the Met Gala is. 

If you love fashion, the Met Gala is your Super Bowl. Know it, love it, live for it. I know I do. And yes, Blake is the queen of it.

7. Be aware of trends and culture, but don't over apply what you've learned. 

*Understands small a*s sunglasses will just never look good on my face, no matter how "in" the Kardashians and Kanye have made them right now.*

8. If it's French, you probably are looking at silent letters. 

As an example, the French don't pronounce H in Hermés. So be careful in your pronunciation of common French brand names.

9. Anna's word is law. 

That is that.

Good luck, and of course remember, "Trendy is the last stage before tacky." — Karl Lagerfeld