9 Style Essentials For College Men

9 Style Essentials For College Men

Because you too, could look dapper dude

424
9 Style Essentials For College Men
AVARYASTYLE

As someone who knows men's style I believe that every college man can elevate his style game by having these things in his closet:

1. Hoodies: gentleman buy a neutral hoodie that you can wear multiple times with different outfits and style variations, I would say wear grays because they are neutral and go with almost anything. "Black goes with everything!" is a DAMN MYTH.

2. Chinos: every dude should have either a slim fit or skinny fit chino, there are multiple colors but don't come off as a frat-daddy and buy every single color of the rainbow, be smart and dress sharp, buy essential colors such as: khaki, navy, grey, black, and burgundy.

3. T-Shirts: a good fitting t-shirt says a lot about your style game gentleman, don't overthink about graphic tees you can keep it minimalistic and still look like a Style God, go with basic colors like: black, white, navy, grey, or olive. You can either go V-Neck or Crew Neck.

4. White or Off-White Sneakers: yes, boat-shoes are easy to wear and convenient but don't be the dude who rides the frat-train to Sperryville, by far the most elevating kicks you can own are either white or off-white kicks. They are the most minimalist yet highly versatile pair of kicks that you can rock, and they can be worn with any outfit. The brands I would suggest shopping at are: J.Crew, New Balance, Vans, and Converse.

5. Casual Shirts: gentleman casual dress shirts say a lot about your style game, finesse a casual shirt they are great for looking sharp while remaining casually dressed. And yes, I'm talking about button-downs, both short and long sleeves work; make sure to cuff the longer sleeves to keep a casual appearance.

6. Polo Shirts: You don't have to be a frat-daddy to pull off a polo shirt, just make sure it properly fits and isn't baggy, your goal is to look sharp and just like chinos keep the color scheme simple.

7. Wrist-Watch: every college dude should have some sort wristwatch, I know as college students it can be tough owning a nice pair of watch while also being thrifty, I am a firm believer in quality of quantity. Don't be the dude that drops a $100 dollars on a metal wrist-watch thats isn't going to last in the long-run, save some money be thrifty and buy a good quality watch. The brand I would recommend is The 5th watch, for $150 dollars you can get a nice watch with two different types of watch straps. (And DON'T be the dude who drops a hell of a lot of money into a smartwatch those are an unnecessary commodities!!!)

8. Duffle-Bag: a good duffle-bag is not only suitable for the gym but can also functions as a luggage carrier, like a good wrist-watch invest in something that will last you long while at the same time make you look dapper even coming out of the gym. The people over at Mahi Leather have been making affordable and stylish leather products for a good minute, so I would highly recommend checking out their website.

9. Wireless-Headphones/Earphones: unlike everything listed above these have nothing to do with you being dapper, gentleman, instead this little gadget is quite crafty. You can listen to and watch videos on your laptop, phone, tablet without attracting too much attention from your professor, you are also saving time by not having to uncoil wires every time you want to hear something.

Gentleman the purpose of this article was to help you elevate your style game; ladies if you're reading this tell a friend, boyfriend, brother, cousin, or any other dude to step his style game up. Sweats are comfortable but so can other pieces of clothing; gentleman take the time to hone your style sense, once you do people will ask your opinion on what to wear and how to wear it. (And nothing is too expensive, save some money and invest in things that will last you longer, also buy the right fit and buy accordingly to your body type)