9 Reasons Why I Love Thanksgiving

9 Reasons Why I Love Thanksgiving

why thanksgiving is THE BEST holiday

465
9 Reasons Why I Love Thanksgiving
Hale Koa

When I was younger, I used to not really care for Thanksgiving. As I grew older, though, it became one of my favorite holidays. There are so many reasons why I came to love and appreciate Thanksgiving. If you're one of those people who doesn't really care for it, then maybe by the time you're done reading this article, you'll change your mind! Here are 10 reasons why Thanksgiving is such a great holiday.

1. The whole family gets together.

One of the main reasons why I love Thanksgiving so much is because my mom's huge Italian side of the family comes together to celebrate. We all come together and roast each other while we roast the turkey. We jam out to music and hear all the guys in the back room yelling at the football game on the TV. I mean, it's like this for every holiday, but it's still one of the top reasons why I love Thanksgiving!

2. It means you're closer to Christmas.

Thanksgiving is a reminder that Christmas is about a month away. Thanksgiving is like a pre-game for Christmas, except you don't have to buy any gifts for anyone.

3. The food is great (obviously).

I mean, who doesn't love the food? There's so much to choose from, and it's just so yummy! I'm not complaining at all.

4. The leftovers are cool, too.

All of that food means A TON of leftovers. Usually, my family spends the next week just living off of those Thanksgiving leftovers. But I'm still not complaining.

5. I watch the Thanksgiving Day parade.

My favorite parade has always been the "Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade." I love seeing all of those performances, especially the Broadway performances!

6. The long weekend is amazing and much needed.

We get about 5 days to relax and catch up on our favorite Netflix series. The break isn't too long or too short. It feels like the PERFECT length.

7. The Thanksgiving vibes are awesome.

I don't know why, but Thanksgiving just gives me a great feeling. The vibes are so cozy and positive. Just hanging out with the family and watching the parade while the food is being cooked is one of the coziest feelings ever.

8. It adds a little light to November.

Usually, November is a pretty dull and eventless month. With Thanksgiving, there's a little light added to the fun and feel of autumn.

9. It's a day to reflect on all of the good things.

On Thanksgiving, I like to reflect on my life and be grateful for what I have. I look closely at my life and think about all the good people I have in it. I always focus on the positive, rather than the negative, on this special day.