9 Reasons Why 'Lilo & Stitch' Is The Best Disney Movie Of All Time

It was more than just a kid's movie.
513

"Lilo & Stitch" is easily the best and most overlooked Disney movie of all time. Here are nine reasons why it rocks my socks:

1. Ohana.

One of the best lines in cinematic history.

2. The music.

Obviously, any movie that has Elvis music is a winner. Plus, it's set in Hawaii which gives us songs like Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride.

3. Realistic bodies.

This is one of the few animated movies that portrays female characters to be human. They aren't stick thin with super long legs and giant breasts. They are just average people.

Much thanks to Lilo and Nani for embodying beauty in ways unseen before.

Sidenote: They actually change clothes. A revolutionary concept for animated films.

4. Broken is okay.

Lilo and Nani don't have it easy. Their family is in no way normal or put-together, and they are perfectly okay with that. They want their family to stay exactly as it is. They see that it is broken, and they don't feel the need to "fix" it.

5. Aliens.

Who doesn't love a movie with aliens? It even starts out with a classic high-speed space chase!

6. Sisterly bond.

Lilo locks Nani out of the house in the first 20 minutes of the movie. They constantly yell and bicker, but they love each other more than anything. There isn't another relationship that portrays sisters better.

7. Lilo.

Lilo is my favorite Disney character of all time. She is sassy and dramatic, but also kind and caring. She dreams big and doesn't give up. Just the fact that she feeds peanut butter sandwiches to a fish in the ocean named Pudge makes her the greatest.

I want to be Lilo when I grow up.

8. This guy.

9. Redemption.

The movie is really a story of redemption. Stitch starts out as a horrible little monster, but because Lilo has patience with him, he learns to be kind and learns the meaning of family. It shows the power of grace, mercy, and love.

"Lilo & Stitch" has something for everyone. It makes you laugh, hits you in the feels, has great music and includes intergalactic enemies. It is the ultimate movie, and the best Disney has ever created.