10 Reasons You Need A Best Friend That Is Older Than You

They aren't you mom. So, technically they're grandparents in a really weird form.

16
Karlie Middleton

Clearly, I have been super lucky in making unimaginable and unbelievable friends, however, there's one thing about friendships you forge with those that are more than 7+ years older than you. Or maybe it's just me. They're the mentors, the lectures of life lessons, and also the companions that can tell you all about life in the real world because they obviously entered it way before you did. In fact, as it turns out having a best friend who has already graduated college while you're still in high school is one of the best things you can hope for, and here are a few reasons why.

1) For some reason, any advice or recommendation coming back from some ton of years of experience simply sounds and makes much more sense.

2) Chances are that they probably have already done all of the stupid bullmess you need help doing, so they can help you be stupid in a better and healthier way.

3) You get brownie points when the older kids hang out with you.

4) We don't always need to talk, sometimes their presence is all we need to calm down.

5) They will share their mistakes with you.

6) They do not want to see you fail. They will always put in the time and effort to make sure you are successful and happy.

7) They're a great role model. They provide and example of a future you.

8) They appreciate and value a long lasting friendship. Because the older best friend has experienced more friendships and they know what kind of friends stick around and what kinds don't.

9) They can introduce you to all the movies that came out way before you were born and pop culture we missed out on.

10) They don't just tell you what you want to hear, they tell you what you NEED to hear and 99% of the time that's what we younger folks need.