9 Realizations College Students Have After Returning From Thanksgiving Break

How is it already finals?

131
PX Here

Leaving campus for close to a week for Thanksgiving makes you forget that the busiest time of fall semester is soon to follow.

Here are nine realizations that every college student experiences within their first week back after Thanksgiving break.

1. Your true Thanksgiving food consumption.

You completely overate all of Thanksgiving and throughout break. You now are planning to start a new diet to shed the turkey weight, but then you see a Christmas cookie and plans are pushed back until New Years.

2. Your Black Friday/Cyber Monday purchases.

You only bought gifts for yourself on Black Friday and Cyber Monday and nothing for your family and friends. Now you have to find time to get gifts for everyone and still look for those good deals that were extended in stores.

3. Lack of motivation over Thanksgiving Break.

You have so much work to do in the next few weeks that you failed to do over Thanksgiving Break. The list that you made of everything to get done does not have one thing checked off ...

4. Finals stress.

Then the stress of finals begins to hit and your lists become even longer of everything that you have to complete. You start to calculate how many hours that you have to get everything done and question if it is truly enough time. Of course, a random group project appears, too, at this time and now you have to organize a time to meet with your group when no one has any time to spare.

5. No more sleep.

You begin to think that you will not sleep until your last final is over because a day is just too short.

6. Coffee, coffee, coffee.

You are about to consume the most caffeine of the semester so far. It will also lead to spending the last amount of money that you have left from the semester, all going toward your multiple trips to Starbucks.

7. What is time?

The last few weeks of classes and finals are going to go by so fast. However, when you are pulling all-nighters in the library, you forget what time is and are confused by any other space than the walls of the library.

8. Where did the year go?

How is it already finals season? I feel like I just got used to 2017 and now it’s going to be 2018.

9. It’s officially the holidays!

You are so excited because it’s official holiday season and it’s now socially acceptable to decorate your room, drink every holiday drink at Starbucks and blast your Christmas music in the shower.