9 Christina Grimmie Lyrics That Are More Powerful And Relevant Now Than Ever

"Love is all you need." — "Advice"

640
zedlaxlove64

Christina Grimmie was such a vocal powerhouse. For those who don't know who she is, she was a small musician who started her career by making YouTube videos in 2009. As time progressed, she started to gain more media attention and even competed on the sixth season of "The Voice." Before she was taken from this world far too soon, she definitely had some amazing songs that contained deep, powerful and meaningful lyrics. Let's take a look at a few of them.

1. "I won't be diminished, eclipsed or hidden. You're gonna see my light blaze back to life like a Phoenix rise" - "Invisible"

Christina's very first posthumous release. It is powerful in vocals and lyrics, the entire song itself lets us all know that Christina may be physically gone, she is still very much present.

2. "Liar, Liar, don't cry on my shoulder. You played with fire, and smiled when you told her." - "Liar, Liar"

A song about a deceived romance, Christina expresses her disappointment through the chorus of this song.

3. "When the ocean meets the sky, it settles on the crimson tide. I'm gonna give you steady love — and love you till the storm subsides" - "Steady Love"

This song is featured on her latest, posthumous album, "All is Vanity." The entire song is beautiful, but these lyrics speak out to me the most because she is stating that she will stick her lover through the good and bad times.

4. "Love is all you need." - "Advice"

In her first ever single, "Advice," Christina sings about the importance of slowing down, loving each other, and enjoying life while we can.

5. "All my friends say it wasn't true love, I shouldn't waste my tears on you but they don't know that I, I only miss you when I breathe." - "I Only Miss You When I Breathe"

We can all relate to someone that we miss, even though we probably shouldn't. These lyrics highlight the emotional impact of missing a toxic, former ex-lover.

6. "Your tongue won't tie, you'll always find the truth.. yeah, you do, but still you smile despite the lines I drew for you." - "With Love"

All of Christina's songs are beautiful, but this one is my personal favorite. This song speaks on unconditional love. She shows her appreciation for someone who is always there even when things get tough.

7. Basically the entire song "Crowded Room."

It hard for me to pick on a particular lyric from this song. But if you listen for yourself, you'll see what I mean.

8. "I can't take back the bite, this fruit was not meant for me, deception and vice at the finest I've ever seen." - "Deception"

She here sings about the pain and anguish she feels from the cold betrayal of an ex-boyfriend. Definitely, something all of us can relate to. Even when she sings, you can feel the emotion in her voice. This song alone made me want to get cheated on, to be honest. (Only kidding.)

9. "Not enough rooms in this house, to hold all the treasures we found, Evidence of us all around... Your fingerprints all over who I am now." - "Think of You"

Yet another emotional number from Miss Grimmie, this song shows her reminiscing about a former friend, or possibly lover and all the memories they shared together. Definitely a song to curl up and cry to.