9 Holiday Tracks You Never Knew Existed

9 Holiday Tracks You Never Knew Existed

From Ludacris to ambient techno.
0

It's the most wonderful time of the year, right?

One thing that everyone either loves or hates about the holiday season is the music. The oddly specific (and generally very outdated) jingles concerning these four weeks of the calendar year flood the airwaves until New Year's passes.

I personally enjoy these songs for a couple listens, but then grow tired and am ready to put them away until next year. Which made me wonder, where are all the other holiday songs that must have been released but fell through the cracks?

After scouring the internet for far too long, I've compiled the most eclectic list of holiday tracks I believe have not been widely heard...

First up is for all you deep house fans, Sascha Cawa and Dirty Doering's mix "Ding Dong" is a dance floor ready take on "Carol of the Bells".

Kaskade just released a series of Christmas carol reworks. This is a little known Christmas carol, "Jesu Parvule", recored with Late Night Alumni.

Did you know Ludacris made a holiday track for the movie Fred Clause, appropriately titled "Ludacrismas"? It's marvelous.

Carly Rae Jepsen made an infectious cover of "Last Christmas".

Ever thought you'd hear "Jingle Bells" over a club mix? Neither did I, but I low key love it.

Groovecatcher mixed "O Come, O Come Emmanuel" into an ambient techno track for the Mistletoe Lounge compilation.

A smilier compilation, Holiday Remixed, brought us this chill house rework of "Winter Wonderland"

King Street Sounds' release Christmas In The House brought us endearing house tunes, including "It's X-Mas" by Stephanie Cooke.

Here's a fix for any disco fans out there - the Disco Magic recording of "White Christmas"

Last but most definitely not least - DJ McFly has bestowed upon us "Party Rock Anthem" vs. "Jingle Bell Rock".