9 Halloween Costumes For 2018

9 Halloween Costumes For 2018

Spoopy.

686
9 Halloween Costumes For 2018

Thus far in 2018, there have been more than a few meme-able moments, and even more questionable fashion choices from celebrities across the board. This week, I'm going to throw out a few out-of-the-box Halloween costumes for the coming month.

1. Kanye and Lil Pump from the "I Love It" video

One of the more recent memes to come out of the woodwork, in their new music video, Kanye and Lil Pump sport some questionable attire in the form of oversized clothes. While the outfits are ridiculous and definitely done for some sort of shock value, I can definitely see some people going as them this year, and it's even something that I'm considering.

2. Gru from "Despicable Me"

While "Despicable Me" came out a while ago, Gru has made his appearance in a few memes this year. Whether you choose to actually be Gru or some interpretation of the "gorls" meme, there are a lot of possibilities for this one.

3. Yodel Boy

Mason Ramsey took the internet by storm this year when a video of him yodeling in a Walmart went viral. While many love him and some hate him, there's no doubt he's an internet icon and success story. Throw on a cowboy hat, a white button-up, some jeans, annoy your friends with a poor attempt at yodeling all night, and BOOM. Mason Ramsey.

4. A "Fortnite" character

It's no secret that "Fortnite" quickly became one of the (if not the most) popular video games across the country this year. From college students to middle schoolers, everyone was playing "Fortnite", and there are a lot of directions you could go with this costume. There are a lot of different skins and outfits for your characters, so just carry around a giant foam pickaxe and everyone will know what you're going for.

5. Squinting woman

This meme is probably one of my favorites of 2018 so far. Whether your friend says something stupid in the group chat or you see a ridiculous sign in the window of a shop, you can use this picture in a lot of different situations. On top of that, the outfit would be pretty simple to recreate, making it a great Halloween costume.

6. The Super Bowl selfie kid

You probably forgot about this kid, didn't you? He went viral in early 2018 with his pure innocence and attempt to take a selfie at this year's Super Bowl. Plus, the outfit would be extremely easy to recreate. A simple grey Under Armor hoodie, lanyard, and your phone, and you've got a comfortable outfit for Halloween night.

7. Dele Alli

One of the more recent occurrences of 2018, Dele All recently went viral with what I can only describe as the "eye thing." The English professional football player took over the internet when he flipped an "OK" sign over his eye and confused basically everyone. This one would also be a pretty simple costume, with just a football uniform and obnoxiously doing the "eye thing" all night.

8. Logan Paul

Logan Paul has had his share of controversies on the internet this year and in 2017. While he's hated by a lot of people, he still has over 18 million subscribers on YouTube and is popular with teenagers. The costume would be easy to recreate with a crappy blonde wig and piece of his iconic Maverick merch.

9. A JUUL

I know this one sounds ridiculous as a Halloween costume, and I mean, it kinda is, but I definitely see people doing it. JUULs have taken over college campuses across the country and are something I see people with everywhere. I will say that I saw someone wearing a giant box painted like a JUUL last year on Halloween, but you could definitely go a lot simpler with it.

As you can see, I've really only scraped the surface of the endless possibilities for Halloween this year. What're your ideas? Let me know if I missed any iconic moments that could make potential Halloween costumes in the comments!