9 Habits All Musicians Should Have While Practicing

Becoming a musician only gets easier once you adopt these habits.

62

Becoming a musician is not as easy as people may think. In order to become a good and successful musician, one must practice in any free time they have throughout the day. The only problem is, many people do not know how to practice.

It doesn't matter if you are learning to sing or play an instrument, having the right practice habits will help you reach your full potential. Here are some good habits all musicians should have.

1. Make time to practice

Can't learn if you don't practice.

2. Take breaks in between practicing

Sometimes practicing can get boring. Save yourself the frustration and take a quick break.

3. Warm up before practice

Something so important that most beginners skip doing. Trust me when I say that it helps to warm up before playing.

4. Record yourself while you practice

This will help you hear the mistakes you are making so you can correct them.

5.Hum your parts

It helps when you can hear the music you are trying to play.

6. Keep a clear mind

Trust me, you'll get pissed at a song you're trying to learn more than once. It is important to keep a clear mind so you don't snap and give up.

7. Change your techniques

You should always experiment with different techniques to find out which one is the best for you.

8. Watch others play

Sometimes it helps to watch others play so you can either learn from their techniques and try to build your own.

9. Have fun

This one is probably the most important of all. Don't make practice so boring because you're going to hate it. Try to have some fun so you can look forward to wanting to learn more.