9 Banana Bread Recipe Upgrades

9 Ways To Upgrade The Boring Banana Bread Recipe You've Been Making Every Week For Months

It's more simple than it looks!

300
Sana Khadilkar

Since the beginning of quarantine, everyone's been baking banana bread. And here I am, in July, still finding a few stray brown bananas that need to be used up. But I'm tired of the same old banana bread...and I bet you are too.

So, here are nine ways to bring some new flavors into classic banana bread you know and love.

1. Add lots of chocolate!

Sana Khadilkar

Banana and chocolate will always be a great combination. Chocolate lovers will adore this fudgy, brownie-like banana loaf, but those who don't might enjoy this chocolate swirl banana bread, which has just the right touch of chocolatey goodness. I tried out the marble loaf myself (picture above) and can attest to its deliciousness.

2. Top it with a sweet crumble!

Unsplash

It's banana bread with a cinnamon crumb topping- the perfect mashup between coffee cake and banana bread. Try out A Latte Food's recipe for this quick and easy bake.

3. Layer the batter with a cream cheese filling.

@averiesunshine

For a banana bread and cheesecake all in one, mix up Averie Cooks's recipe. You'll be left with a decadent dessert perfect for snacking on.

4. Mix in a sourdough starter.

Unsplash

If you're a more adventurous baker, test out this recipe for sourdough banana bread to get a loaf with a higher rise and bread-like texture. The only extra ingredient you'll need is sourdough starter!

5. Peanut butter, yum!

@healthyfrenchwife

Peanut butter, chocolate chips, and banana- a classic combination for the perfect banana bread. You can't go wrong with this recipe.

6. Try a fruity twist.

Unsplash

Mix tropical pineapple and shredded coconut or any other fruit into your regular banana bread for a loaf that tastes like you're on vacation. Top it with a sweet pineapple glaze like The View From Great Island's recipe suggests and you've got a winner!

7. Strawberry sour cream surprise​.

@thrivemags

If you like strawberry banana smoothies, you're sure to love this loaf. Mixing in the strawberries adds an extra fruity punch while the sour cream brightens up the banana bread with its tangy flavor.

8. Spoon over a vanilla brown butter glaze.

Unsplash

This recipe for vanilla brown butter banana bread is incredibly rich and packed with vanilla flavor. And the brown butter glaze adds notes of caramel that make it simply irresistible.

9. And finally. . . transform your loaf!

Unsplash

If you're tired of banana bread in its usual loaf form, try making these banana nut muffins or turning your loaf into banana bread french toast!

Happy baking, everyone!