9 Things To Look For In An Apartment

9 Things To Look For In An Apartment

This is your home for at least a year, so make sure it's amazing!

115
9 Things To Look For In An Apartment
Apartment Finder

Apartment shopping can be tough. Everyone wants to live together, but you want to be able to have time alone while your friend's a party animal. You're either brand new to college or you've only lived in a dorm and any space you don't have to share sounds perfect to you. But there's so much more that an apartment can offer than you may think! It can become your go-to hangout spot, or the place where you get shiz done come finals week. It all depends where you stay. Here's 9 things that your new pad should offer.

1. Multiple pools.

You don't want to go to the only pool and it be completely crowded, right? Also, there's nothing worse than wanting to soak up some rays while studying and you're too distracted by that alarming shade of green that's taken home in the bottom of the pool

2. Friendly and helpful staff.

You locked yourself out of your apartment and nobody's home. If the apartment staff isn't too keen on helping you out, it looks like you're sleeping in your car. Save yourself the hassle and make sure that you choose the right place.

3. 24 hour maintenance

if the tub's clogged, or the A/C is broken and you can't get a hold of anyone, you're going to have a rough time. Make sure you go somewhere with a great track record.

4. A furnished pad.

You will NOT want to move in everything you need and you don't want to pick fights with your roommates because someone spilled their vodka on the couch that you paid for. Save yourself the hassle and find a place that does it all for you!

5. Ability to pay online

In the middle of the semester, you might forget to write a check or two, or you'll lose your checkbook altogether, but you can most definitely set a reminder to click a few buttons to pay your rent! Save money in late fees and avoid your parents' anger and just pay online.

6. A good gym

You'll want to avoid the freshman 15 (or the sophomore 30) but it's hard to do that if your gym looks like something died in there next to the one treadmill.

7. A place where you feel at home

You want to be comfortable where you stay, and it's hard to do that if you can't sleep because of the noise outside, or because someone's throwing a rager down the hall. Find someplace quiet. You can always live it up at other apartments.

8. A great study area

You're going to need a good printer, and enough space to span out your books. Try to find a place with study rooms, free printing, and computers. If you find a place that fuels your caffeine addiction as well, even better!

9. Your own bathroom

You're going to want to take a nice, relaxing bath in a big tub, and it's hard when your bestie is trying to get ready in the same space.

It can be tough finding all these things in one place, but if you look around, I'm sure you'll find it and have the best year of your life!