8 Little Pick Me Ups For When You Need To Smile

For days when you're feeling a bit blah.
112

Sometimes we just have days that are just boring.

Ever had one of those days you just feel blah? You’ve gone through the motions of your routine to only find yourself feeling well gray. We could call it blue but you may not be sad it’s more like a not satisfied feeling. When those moments come upon us it is most important to remember that just because one day is bad it doesn’t mean the rest of the week has to feel this way too. Let’s be real for a minute it’s not that your whole life is falling apart it’s just that you feel a little down trotted, and that just happens. There is a saying that “it’s the little things in life that make the biggest difference” and whether or not. So to get yourself out of this rut try adding something small to your routine.

1. Tidy up your room

While it sounds like a lot of work (depending on what kind of shape your space is in) consider the fact that if you do a good deep clean and maintain it you won’t have to deep clean it for a while. Not only that but a clean space can be quite peaceful for the mind and keep you focused on whatever work is at hand.

2. Light a candle or use a plugin scent

Definitely pick something light that you’ll enjoy permeating your air. I know that I always liked a good Bath and Body Works wall plugin for my dorm room, and now that I live in a house I keep a candle lit all the time. Good scents, good vibes.

3. Create a playlist

Make a playlist of your favorite songs and name it something funny. My list of favorite songs is a collection the ranges from Rihanna to the Beatles. And it may not make everyone else happy but I love listening to it when I’m driving or cleaning. I named it Strawberry Jams and am convinced it is the soundtrack to my life.

4. DIYs

Get in touch with your artsy side by painting a canvas or even decorating a shelf for your home. Adding personal touches to your space that you created will not only boost your confidence but will also give you a task to accomplish outside of your normal routine.

5. Make a cup of tea, sit back, and sip

Literally just stop from your busy life when you can and make a cup of tea. It’s quick to make and soothing to enjoy some of my personal favorites are peach flavored, mint flavored, or even just plain green tea. Of course, use your favorite mug and sit somewhere comfortable, allow yourself to unplug from the world for at least thirty minutes to give your mind a recharge

6. Closet purge

There is nothing I love more than a closet purge it is the most satisfying feeling to get rid of clothes you don’t wear anymore. Whether it’s after a breakup or in the midst of a style evolution getting rid of clothes is fantastic. Plus, after put them in a bin you can donate them! Take them to a women’s shelter, a Goodwill, find a friend, or even just sell them to a thrift store. Odds are you will feel better if you’re less cluttered. And there’s nothing more exciting than the adventure of finding your new style

7. Treat yourself

My friends' running joke is that I am the treat yo'self-queen because I think it is important to do nice things for yourself every oncein awhile. I personally like to buy a new lipstick. It seems silly but it’s my favorite pick-me-up that serves as an incentive to keep working hard and to stay on the grind.

8. Make an aesthetic board or page

Literally two weeks ago I was stressed and feeling blah about my day when my friend Franny told me to make an aesthetic board on Tumblr. So I did and I honestly can say it was relaxing to have something else to focus on that didn’t require stress and that I could control. If you’re curious my aesthetic is peach, and I can only tell you that it’s worth the try if you’re not wanting to leave the house but are wanting to do something beyond Netflix. You don’t have to use Tumblr you can make a Pinterest board or whatever it is you love. Pair this with your favorite songs playlist and you’ll definitely relax.

Everyone has something that they can do to make their week a little more bright, and it doesn’t take much to find something small to do. So get up and get going find your thing to improve your week! Remember a bad day does not constitute a bad week.