8 Ways To Pretend You're On Vacation While At Home

1098

So, if you’ve clicked on this article it’s more than likely you’re not going away from Spring break and you really wished you were; I feel that. It seems like all your friends are going away and here's little old you, stuck at home in your boring old town. But, have no fear, even if you’re not going to be on a plane going to Florida or somewhere tropical, it’s not that hard to have a great vacation at home. Here are eight things you can do at home to make your break a little more adventurous and fun.

1. Try an ethnic restaurant. Instead of taking out food from your favorite pizza or Chinese food place, try something new. Pretend you’re in another country by trying their foods; food is the best part of vacation anyways.

2. Make a homemade piña colada. And then plop down on your couch and watch your favorite Netflix show. It's like the best scenario: tropical smoothie, Netflix shows, and pajamas. 

3. Wear your old sandals or flip flops around the house. I don’t know, it’s worth a try to lift your spirits. And hey, maybe with the heat all the way up in your house, it'll feel somewhat like summer. 

4. Go to somewhere you've never been in your town. Go to a new restaurant or maybe a new museum. This is like conquering new territory, just as you would on vacation. Plus, you can find some really cool places you didn't know existed. 

5. Read a new book while listening to sounds of the ocean. Here’s a video to get you started. It's a lot more relaxing than it seems. 

6. Shop online for some summer clothes. Who cares if you have no where warm to go anytime soon, it’ll get you excited for the warm months to come.

7. Listen to some summery music. I don’t know what you define as such, but some good country music might do the trick, or maybe you’re more of a Beach Boys type of person, you do you.

8. Relax the way you would on vacation, but do it in pajamas. Because nothing gets better than days where you wear your pajamas all day. And hey, the point of Spring break is to catch up on your sleep and take a mental break, so what's a better way to do that than pajamas?

Whatever you do at home over Spring break, don't feel FOMO from not going away. Summer is only 3 months away!