8 Times Taylor Swift Lyrics Have Described How I Feel About Food

It's easier than one would think to turn love songs into songs about food.

1486

Taylor Swift has been there for me as a security blanket through unrequited love, breakups and general relationships since I was about 12-years-old. But the older I get the less I equate her lyrics to boys and start realizing that they actually describe how I feel about food.

1. Mine

"You are the best thing that's ever been mine."

Basically, exactly how I feel when I'm sitting at a restaurant with my plate of food sitting in front of me, I'm about to take the first bite and I'm just so happy to have it in my possession.

2. All Too Well

"I remember it all too well."

This song depicts the way I feel when I've taken the last bite of food and it ended much too soon. I can almost still taste the food, but I know it's gone and never coming back.

3. I Almost Do

"Every time I don't, I almost do."

This song always seems to play in the background as I stroll past Pinkberry without getting anything when I'm trying to diet.

4. Style

"We never go out of style."

When you're back at your old favorite restaurant and getting your classic meal because you know that nothing could ever top it.

5. Back to December

"Cuz I go back to December all the time."

Everyone knows that Christmas is the absolute best time of the year for food. So when I have a hankering for my uncle's famous Christmas cheesy potatoes or a gingerbread cookie in the middle of July, these are the lyrics that get me through it.

6. Shake It Off

"Haters gonna hate, hate, hate, baby I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake SHAKE IT OFF."

I've often found myself surrounded by about 10 candy bar wrappers or found that my light snacking on sour cream and onion potato chips has actually turned into me eating the entire bag. In cases like this there really is no other option than to shake it off.

7. I Knew You Were Trouble.

"I knew you were trouble when you walked in, so shame on me now. Blew me to places I've never been, now I'm lying on the cold hard ground."

These lyrics offer a pretty good depiction of how it feels when you fall in absolute love with some type of food that you KNOW is bad for you and you KNOW you're going to get addicted to it.

8. Forever & Always

"I was there when you said forever and always, ya didn't mean it baby."

Nothing is harder than developing a favorite item on the menu and having it snatched away from you a mere months later. This T-Swift song is a perfect summary of how it feels to walk into a restaurant and have your favorite thing on the menu not be there anymore.