8 Thoughts You Have The First Time You Visit Your Old High School

Some things never change.

47

Visiting your former high school for the first time is sure to be an experience full of mixed emotions. There are so many things you missed about your time there... and so many that you didn't. Here are some of the thoughts you have when you return to your old school:

1. "What do you mean I need to sign in as a visitor?"

You enter through the same front doors you've entered through for the past four years of your life... and are immediately directed to the main office to sign in. You may still feel like a student there, but apparently graduation means you're a guest now.

2. "Reunited and it feels so good!"

The best people to return to your old high school with are the people you relied on to make it through those four years. It's impossible to describe how much you've missed these guys, and it feels just like old times as you set off through the hallways.

3. "Well I definitely didn't miss this."

Yes, it's just like old time as you set off through the hallways. Including the slamming of lockers, students yelling to their friends from the opposite end of the hall, or stopping in a large group to chat. Definitely didn't miss the hectic two minute rush between classes.

4. "You are the reason I survived first semester."

Not all the teachers at your high school are amazing. But among them are those who inspired you, showed you a new perspective, and taught you to think for yourself. Thank them.

5. "How did I ever eat that?"

You walk past the cafeteria and... what is that smell? That doesn't smell like food. That doesn't even look like food! Is that stuff even edible??

6. "Hey, what are you doing at our lunch table?"

And when you enter the cafeteria, there's a new group of kids sitting at the table that used to belong to you and your friends. Not only that, but there's a different kid using your locker, and the Juniors are hanging out in the Senior Lounge.

7. "These seniors don't realize how much they don't know."

Most of your friends from the grade below you have already started to hear back from colleges, or have at least turned in all their applications, and the Senioritis is taking hold. They feel like they have everything figured out but... well, you won't spoil it for them.

8. "This school is ours!"

Even though some things have changed, you can't help but still refer to your high school as "yours." You went through so much in those hallways and classrooms, and even though you might not go to school there anymore, it will take a lot longer than one semester for the place to stop feeling like home.