8 Things You Should Try At Least Once In College

As a senior in college, I have tried many things, some that have worked out and others that have not, so here are some things that I advise future and current college students to test out, just once.

45

Here are eight things I think are important to try out while in college, some easier than others.

1. Sushi burritos.

Eater Boston

So you already love sushi, how about a GIANT sushi roll? Thanks to my first-year roommate for convincing me to try one.

2. Cooking a meal from scratch.

The Girl on Bloor

Microwave mac and cheese and ramen are great, cheap, and easy, but trying to cook something from scratch will give you a great sense of accomplishment and a delicious meal all in one!

3. Hosting a get together at your apartment/dorm room.

Tigardville Apartment Oregon

Doesn't have to be formal or involve drinking; just invite a bunch of friends over to watch a movie, play games, or cook dinner if you have the space!

4. Meal prepping.

Green Healthy Cooking

This doesn't have to be for every week nor does it have to be the same food all the time; wouldn't it be nice to just come home after a long day of classes to dinner already cooked (and just in need of reheating)?

5. Planning an outing with your friends.

Cobbler Life at Concordia College

Again, doesn't have to be complex or expensive, but sometimes it's nice to get off campus and explore the town and surrounding areas with your friends.

6. A class, activity, or club that may be outside your comfort zone.

Graphic Arts

College provides an amazing environment for students to try and experience new things; go take advantage of that!

7. Studying abroad (if possible).

Study Abroad at Mount Aloysius College

I ended up doing a study abroad course my first year of college and it was some of the most fun I have ever had; if you are able to at all, it is SO worth it!

8. Learning what studying habits work for you.

I can't make a listicle about college without mentioning studying... Just find what works for you and helps you remember the information!

No matter what you end up participating in, you'll enjoy one or more of these things to try in college!