8 Things You Can Do To Be a Good Human Being

"A good person can make another person good." - Bhumibol Adulyadej

83
Leadership Growth

1. Hold the door open for someone. I know, it sounds really hard and time consuming right? Well let me tell you that it is not, and not only will holding the door for someone give you that warm and fuzzy feeling inside, but you are also making someone else's day just a little better too.

2. Let someone take your place in line. "WHAT THE" is what I imagine you saying as you read that, but yes, let someone take your place in line whether it be at the grocery store or Chipotle. You will make someone so happy by letting them get a little closer to the front.

3. Pay for someone's order in the drive-thru. I have had this done for me before, and I did it for the person behind me. It made me feel so happy that someone would do that for me, a complete stranger. You have the ability to make someone feel this way. Anytime. Anywhere.

4. Compliment someone. Tell someone you like their boots. Tell someone they have a pretty smile. Tell someone something nice about themselves. One word goes a long way. The smile on their face alone will be worth it.

5. Be generous. It's not always about money, or trying to sell every single item you want to get rid of. Sometimes it is better to give to those in need. Go to a homeless shelter and donate your clothes there.

6. Take it easy on others. I know first hand how difficult it can be to maintain my composure when I'm trying to train a new employee, and how easy it can be to yell at them for making the same mistake over and over and over, but I don't (most of the time). Just take a deep breath, and don't freak out. Give others a break. We never know what someone is going through, and for that we should always try to be considerate.

7. Don't be an a**hole. Point, blank, period. If you don't have anything nice to say, then really, really try hard not to say it. Sometimes getting the last word in is not worth the feelings you will hurt in the process.

8. Follow the golden rule. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. This can quite literally apply to everything in everyone's life, and I wish more people would embrace that. You wouldn't want to be served food that has been dropped on the floor, so if you work at a restaurant and drop food on the floor, don't serve it. You wouldn't want to be called names or have hurtful things said to you, so don't do it to others. Just try to be caring, empathetic, and understanding towards others and you will do your part in making the world a little better.