8 Things to Do When Summer Boredom Kicks In

Netflix and HGTV can get real boring, real quick.

116
Ninjawiththeorangetshirt's Blog

Finally, it's summer time! Summer for students means no classes, no homework, and no responsibilities, and all this free time that we are not used to having.

You could just sit and watch a lot of Netflix, HGTV, and Food Network (as I am guilty of spending my first 3 weeks of summer doing), but as I have found, that gets real boring real quick.

There are so many activities that aren't streaming shows and movies that you could put your energy into and keep you from going bored.

1. Pick something and clean it out, then organize it!

It is so nice to look at a completely clean, decluttered desk top or a perfectly organized pantry or book shelf, especially if there was random stuff all over it and you couldn't even see the top! I have found that putting on a favorite Spotify playlist and just organizing can be relaxing and a great way to clear your head.

2. Read a book!

Reading a book may at first sound unproductive, but it keeps your brain active! You can grab a book and take it anywhere such as the beach, a park, by the pool, or even just outside in your own yard! It is the perfect way to relax and enjoy the weather and maybe get some color too!

3. Go for a walk/run!

Get outside and get some exercise! A walk or run around the neighborhood will make you feel really good, and staying active is way better than being a couch potato. The dogs are optional of course, but if you have one, a dog is a great walking companion! You might make their whole day when you ask if they want to go for a walk.

4. Head to the beach!

If you're going to sit around and do nothing, at least do nothing with a view! You can do almost anything at the beach; read, sleep, get a tan, get some food (beach pizza!), play in the arcade, or even just drive around.

5. Hit up Pinterest and learn something new!

Pinterest has everything, from recipes to to new hairstyles to DIY projects and new ways to design a room and so much more! Take advantage of some down time and see what Pinterest can teach you!

6. Go to the mall!

Treat yourself! You don't even have to buy anything! Just getting out of the house and walking around is better than sitting at home!

7. Adult coloring books!

Adult coloring books are proven to be relaxing and calming. A lot of them come in themes such as nature, creativity, hidden words, and even Harry Potter! Everyone is bound to find one that appeals to them!

8. Pick up something you used to do as a kid!

My sister has started to make yarn friendship bracelets again. Bring back out the yarn, needle and thread for sewing or knitting, the Lite-Brite with the colored lights, or those little beads with the stencils that have to be pressed together with the iron and become a kid again. There is a certain thrill that comes with it.