8 Things I'd Tell My 8-Year-Old Self

8 Things I'd Tell My 8-Year-Old Self

Life doesn't get easier, but you will get tougher.

66
8 Things I'd Tell My 8-Year-Old Self
pexels.com

Ah, third grade. Mean girls, icky boys, too-tough teachers...or maybe that's just me. These parts are generally what every child this age experiences, myself included. Looking back now, I realize there's a lot more to life than I ever thought there would be. As a 21-year-old, this is what I'd tell the 8-year-old me today:

1. You've got a lot of fears now, and you'll likely have lots in the future. But you'll know how to live with them.

2. Homework, like life, is going to get a lot more complex. Get used to it now or suffer with it later.

3. On again/off-again people have only one place on your radar: SHUT DOWN.

4. It's more than alright to be the only girl in a reading group, even if the book being read is "How to Eat Fried Worms."

5. Healthier food now will mean less medical stress in the future. Usually.

6. Just because authority figures think you should become a neurotypical (person without Asperger's,) doesn't mean you have to obey them.

7. Boys will always be partly immature. But so will you. Just like you will mature over time, they will too. (Today, boys make up about half of my friend population and I've also got a steady boyfriend.)

8. You'll always be a work in progress. Won't we all?