8 Things To Do When You're Stuck At School Over Break

It doesn't have to suck if you don't make it suck.

702
pinsdaddy

Holiday breaks over college are actually the best. Not only is it time to rest, but you get to escape the bubble of your university's safe zone. Unfortunately, sometimes you find yourself stuck at your school during these breaks. This might seem sucky at first, but there are actually a lot of great things to do over break when you're stuck at school.

1. Actually relax.

When you go away for the break, you spend most of the time planning fun events and doing a million fun things. This is great, but isn't the whole point of a break to, you know, take a break? When you don't have any crazy plans to do over the break, you actually get the recuperation your body and mind needs. When the break is over, you actually feel refreshed, rested and ready to get back into your routine, instead of exhausted and wishing there was another week of break.

2. Catch up on homework.

I know homework isn't the most exciting way to spend your time, but imagine coming back from break and actually knowing what's going on and being ahead? With the free time you have, dedicating an hour or two to your homework each day will feel like nothing.

3. Plan out a day where you actually get to do what you want.

We always say there are things we wish we could do if there were more hours in the day. Well, on break, you actually have those "more hours in the day!" Take advantage of this and plan fun events and hobbies you usually want to do but don't have enough time to do.

4. Explore.

I don't care what year you are - you probably don't know every inch of your campus or college town. Take this opportunity to go for a walk or drive to explore your surroundings.

5. Give time to your hobbies.

I love to paint and play the guitar. During the crazy busy school year, I maybe get to do these things once every two weeks or so. Take this new free time to go back to the things that you love, but aren't your number one priority.

6. Reconnect with nature.

If you really can't think of anything to do during your free time, return to your natural roots and go outside. Make a picnic, read a good book or look and listen to the world around you. You'll feel relaxed and reconnected to your natural surroundings, which will help you to keep your sanity once the break is over.

7. Clean your room/bathroom/kitchen.

I know we all put off cleaning for days (or weeks, or even months...) because we're too tired or too busy during our normal schedules. Take this break to finally vacuum your room, clean your tub and mop your kitchen floor. All of this cleaning just in time for it to get messy again when your roommates get back (they might appreciate it being clean for half a second).

8. Host a gathering.

Chances are if you're stuck on campus for this break, there are others who are stuck on campus. If they're your best friends, then great! You'll have the whole break to do fun exciting activities! If you're reading this article, I'm assuming this is not the case. This could be a great opportunity to get closer to some friends you don't know as well. Have a great time being a host!