8 Things Every Second Semester Senior Relates To

8 thoughts we all have as we go through our final days of college.

89

Final semesters of school are exciting, scary, and rewarding. It is a time of transition into a professional life and a point of finality for our formal education. If you have already graduated or are scheduled to graduate in May, I’m sure you can relate to these thoughts I have listed below.

1. You mean I’m not done with classes yet?

Look, I’ve already sat through seven semesters of lectures, numerous study sessions, and way too many discussions. Can’t this semester just be like a “bye semester” and I’ll see y’all at graduation?

2. Wait, I have to get a job?

It's actually time for me to go dress up in a suit and interview for a real grown-up job? Are you sure I'm ready for that? Because I'm pretty sure I'm not ready for that.

3. So I only have one more semester left of wearing leggings every day?

I don't wanna grow up. I don't wanna.

4. ­Cover letters take precedence wayyyyy over that 10 page paper due in your capstone course.

I get that the paper is for a grade. But this cover letter is for money. You do the math.

5. Senioritis in high school was bad. Senioritis in college is ridiculous.

There are days where the biggest accomplishment you had was putting on real pants. Why would I be motivated for class when I have to be a REAL ADULT in three and a half months?

6. WHERE AM I GOING TO LIVE??

Unless you're a very lucky person and have had a job lined up since last semester, this thought probably runs through your head at least five times a day. If I don't know where I am going to be working, how do I go about deciding where to live?

7. You pity those poor high school kids touring your campus.

DON’T DO IT. IT’S A TRAP!

8. But then you see that first job offer…

And you realize all the tears, all-nighters, ridiculous group projects, and all of those crazy stressful finals weeks were all worth it. And you might actually miss this place after all.