​8 Things 2016 Has Robbed From Me

​8 Things 2016 Has Robbed From Me

These are in no particular order. Let me complain, I am so tired of 2016.

26
​8 Things 2016 Has Robbed From Me
Kiplinger

2016 has been a dumpster fire of a year and here are the things that I hold it accountable for taking from me. There are more, I know I've missed a lot. I am exhausted.

1. Alan Rickman

RIP to a great man of many, many talents who was more than just Professor Snape.

2. My Favorite Purse

Tragically, it ripped and was unfixable. I had to go buy a new purse. It was time, but I blame 2016.

3. Anton Yelchin

The actor who played Chekhov in the Star Trek reboots died early this year.

4. Ten Cents From My Tax Return

My tax return was $12.10 this year and I got a check for $12. Where’s my dime, 2016? You know I’ve earned it. I won’t be satisfied until I get it back.

5. Carrie Fisher

Because 2016 couldn’t be satisfied with taking a beloved actor from Star Trek fans, it had to go for the throats of Star Wars fans. General Organa, space mom to many, and mental health advocate (as well as all-around spunky and determined woman) left us at almost the penultimate hour.

6. Gene Wilder

Goodnight, Mr. Wonka. Thanks, 2016.

7. Approximately 1,000 Hours Of Sleep

I’ll claim the hours spent staying up studying as my fault, but I blame this hell year for the generous handful of sleepless nights caused by anxiety. Between normal life pressures, celebrity deaths, and election tensions (as well as post-election violence experienced personally and through the stories of others), it’s been difficult.

8. My Dignity

You’ve really done it now, 2016. I’ve aged ten years and I’m finding gray hairs now. The bags under my eyes are considered fashionable accessories now—think oversize tote bags. Great job.

Goodbye, 2016, you horrible, awful year. I won’t miss you. Don’t let the door hit you in the butt on the way out. Help us, 2017—you’re our only hope.

And if you're still wondering, here's a full list of celebrities that died in 2016.