8 Super Cheap Items That Will Simplify Your Life

We spend so much money on things, but what are things you won't regret buying while on a small budget?

88
davidtucker.me

Throughout our lives, we have and will spend a lot of money. So, that leads me to think about the number of investments I have made within the past 20 years of my life and the things I would like to invest in. Here are the top 7 wonderful investments that I want to share:

1. Mini Stapler ($2)

I got a mini stapler before I came to college, and it has really come in handy! It isn't exactly a necessity, but maybe this is just the future teacher within me shining through. Nevertheless, I have stapled many college papers and math assignments with my cute little stapler! Also, I have been able to come to the rescue of other classmates in class because there isn't always a stapler present in college classrooms.

2. Sharpie (less than $1)

As I have started to move my things from dorm room to dorm room, apartment to apartment, labeling boxes at my job, etc. I have noticed that it is smart to have something to label my belongings with. Sharpies are good investments because they can right on anything unlike a pen or pencil!

3. Baking soda (less than $1)

Baking soda can be used for sooo many things! You can clean with it, put a little bit on your toothbrush to whiten your teeth, wash your hair, deodorize shoes, and so many more things. Definitely a good thing to invest in.

4. Plants (about $3.99)

My grandmother bought this Aloe Vera plant for me because it can be used for so many different things. I am not good at taking care of plants, but I have managed to keep this cactus alive for the past two years (by the grace of God). Plants are a great way to decorate, teach yourself how to care for something, and they give your more oxygen while you provide them with CO2. How can you go wrong with that? My plant was valued at $3.99 when I received it, but you can find plants for less or more money.

5. Water filter ($27.99)

Water is so important. But I don't like drinking just any type of water because faucet water has many different things in it that I don't even want to think about, so I invested in a water filter that allows me to drink (the water that I have been provided) with peace of mind. I have had filtered water bottles and pitchers in the past, like many college students, but now that I am living on my own, I can place the water filter directly on my faucet aerator! Thankfully, my college has installed a couple of water fountains that do provide filtered water so I used those in the past. If you're not at the point of living in your own house or apartment yet, you can invest in a durable water bottle and just fill it up.

6. Christmas Lights ($5)

Christmas lights are a great way to decorate any room. I have had mine for more than three years, and they have made my dorm room and apartment feel very welcoming.

7. Something that you enjoy (about $15)

Now that it's summer, we want to find any excuse to go outside and soak up the sun. A few years ago, my parents bought this football for me because I like to throw footballs around with anyone who is willing to join me. I realize footballs are not for everyone, but you can invest in a volleyball, Frisbee, tennis balls & racket, a kite, cards, or whatever that thing is that brings you joy. Then, you can invite your friends and loved ones to join you, and you will all have many good times!

8. Relationships

Relationships are not something you can place a price on, but they do cost money at times. This may look like going to the beach spontaneously and watching the sunset (cost of gas and parking), sharing a meal (paying for food), or investing in a Bible so you can know Jesus more. Relationships are what really allow us to thrive as humans because humans are relational beings. It's hard to go wrong with spending time or money on developing relationships with others. I wouldn't take back any money that I've invested in showing my friends or family love.

Thus, as you begin to make a plan for what your summer (and the rest of your future) may look like, consider these things to invest in. They just might change your life.