8 Struggles Of Being The Only One In Your Friend Group With A Boyfriend

Unfortunate occurrences that happen when you have a boyfriend and your friends don't

218

No one wants to be the only single person in the friend group, but being the only one in your ‘squad’ with a boyfriend can be frustrating as well. Here are some of the struggles us taken ladies go through.

1. Everyone goes on about how “lucky” you are to have a boyfriend. While you obviously are very lucky to have a boyfriend, having a boyfriend does not bring instant happiness. You have experienced the benefits of having a boyfriend and also the benefits of being single. I think we’re all technically lucky.

2. Your boyfriend becomes your friends go-to guy. If your friends need help fixing or setting something up, your boyfriend is the only guy around, so he not only tends to your needs, but also to your friends needs. If your friends need honest boy advice, they come to your boyfriend. If they get too drunk at a bar, your boyfriend carries them home. Your boyfriend pretty much becomes their boyfriend too.

3. You don’t know if you should invite your boyfriend out. You don’t want to ruin girls' night by letting your boyfriend tag along, but you don’t want him to sit home alone while you go out with your friends. You have to find a way to make everyone happy and comfortable.

4. When you go out with your single friends, they leave you alone to talk to guys. On the one hand, you don’t want your boyfriend intruding on girls’ night, but on the other hand, you don’t want to be roaming around a bar alone while your friends go home with guys. Of course you want your friends to flirt with guys, but you don’t want to roam around a bar alone.

5. Your friends think you know everything about love. Everyone comes to you for advice, which is very flattering; however, being in a relationship, doesn’t make you an expert in love. There are no set rules for love, you just sort of figure it out as you go.

6. When your friends are all talking about their single girl adventures and you’re just like, “my boyfriend and I watched Netflix last night…” Your friends have the freedom to do whatever they want, so they take advantage of their single lives as they should. You love hearing about all their crazy escapades, but you can’t exactly add anything to the conversation.

7. Sometimes you have to choose between them. Some days, like your anniversary or Valentine’s Day, are just unimportant days for your friends, but, to you, those days actually mean a lot. Your friends might want you to go out to the bars with them on those nights, but you already have plans with your boyfriend. You know your decision is going to upset somebody.

8. Your friends won’t let you complain about your boyfriend. If you and your boyfriend get in a fight, when you complain to your friends, they come back with things like “At least you have a boyfriend” or “This is why I’m single.” Just because you have a boyfriend, doesn’t mean you don’t have issues too.

At the end of the day, you love your boyfriend and your friends and you would do anything to make them both happy.