8 Songs That We All Lip-Synced in the mirror as 10-Year-Olds

YOU OUGHTA KNOW these hits!

82

Music is something that everyone can relate to. It is this magical entity that can evoke any emotion at any time. As kids through the 90s and the 2000s, we were blessed with some amazing hits that we all still love, and you can't deny it. Without further ado, here are 8 songs that we ALL lip-synced in the mirror to as 10-year-olds.

1. Jordin Sparks & Chris Brown - "No Air"

This bop had us all crying, because Jordin Sparks was the light of our lives, thanks to classic American Idol.

2. Rihanna - "Unfaithful"

I have no clue why this song was so relatable back in the day... I guess we were all cheaters?!

3. Mariah Carey - "We Belong Together"

The year of 2005 was a simpler time. A time when our largest trouble was the one who left us... on the playground?! Seriously, why was this song so relatable to all of us 8-year-olds?!

4. Destiny's Child - "Survivor"

Before the world fell in love with Beyoncé. The world fell in love with one of the best-selling girl groups of all time, Destiny's Child. They were a force to be reckoned with, and would prove their longevity, way past this hit, "Survivor." You are lying to yourself if you do not blast this sing and sing the 'what's after every line. Ex: "I'm a survivor. (What). I'm not goin' give up. (What).

5. Alanis Morisette - "You Oughta Know"

Teenage angst gets the best of all of us. But Alanis Morisette could bring this feeling of rage to you at any time, in any place. This song is the epitome of every child singing into the mirror about how tough life really is for a kid. Sure, we may not have understood every lyric, but we made sure to sing them just like Alanis. Of course, we always omitted the obscenities.

6. Kelly Clarkson - "Because of You"

When Kelly Clarkson won the first season of American Idol, there was only one thing for certain. An amazing career by a singer who can literally belt anything. Luckily, along the way, we were blessed with this gem that EVERYONE remembers.

7. JoJo - "Leave (Get Out)"

Picture this: it was the early 2000s and the world was yearning for a new hit-maker to take the reigns. Suddenly, we had received the answer to our cries. However, we were not ready for JoJo. She had us all singing along to this bop, because every kid needed their "Get Out" moment.

8. Avril Lavigne - "Complicated"

Avril was so real. SO REAL. The new Alanis Morisette, they said. She was a teen, just like us, having a grand, angsty moment. Needless to say, it also made us want to turn into this punk-rock phase.

1:28 - "It's more punk to tell people you're not punk."

It really is not that COMPLICATED.

ICONIC.

Well folks, there you have it. The nostalgia is real.