8 Shows You Should Watch This Year

8 Shows You Should Watch This Year

New year, new binge-watching.

10
8 Shows You Should Watch This Year
YouTube

As we all start another year, I am sure all of you are wondering which new shows you should be binge-watching. Or maybe your New Year's Resolution was not to watch as much TV. Either way, I am here to suggest some shows that you might not have heard of before. I personally hate when I finish an amazing TV show because then I feel incredibly sad, which may seem silly, but it's absolutely true. With that being said, here is a wide variety of genres for new shows that you should watch in 2017.

1. The Magicians

If you are a "Harry Potter" fan, then you will absolutely love this show. However, it is definitely more aimed at mature audiences, so just a heads up there. If you like love stories and getting lost in a magical world, you need to see "The Magicians". The first season is now out on Netflix and season two is about to premiere this month on Syfy!

2. One Tree Hill

If you haven't ever seen this show and love to fall in love with characters in a series, you need to watch this. This show follows the lives of some high school students that go through many dramatic situations. This is a show where you start to root for your favorites and you just have to see how the whole thing ends. Yes, lots of girls watch and love this show, but if you watch it you'll understand why! It's romantic and sad at times, but that is what makes "One Tree Hill" so great.

3. Dexter

If you're the type of person who loves mysteries and storylines that constantly keep you guessing, "Dexter" is for you. This show will keep you up at night trying to figure out the next twist it will throw at you. I could sit here and try to tell you what it's about, but I'm not giving anything away on this one. I highly recommend this show!

4. Broad City

"Broad City" is a Comedy Central show that will keep you laughing non-stop. This show has characters that promote feminist and free-spirit views on life. This show follows the unfortunate-at-times lives of Ilana and Abbi. Do yourself a favor and watch this, while also getting addicted to the theme song.

5. Game of Thrones

"Game of Thrones" is a series that HBO released based on the book series. This show is absolutely amazing for many reasons and definitely for you if you like mid-eval times. The on-set locations for this show are shot everywhere around the world and absolutely beautiful. This is one that you have to watch from the beginning and have to pay attention to the story lone. You can thank me later if you haven't already seen it.

6. Scream Queens

The creators of "Glee" and "American Horror Story" did absolutely wonderful things when they created this show. "Scream Queens" features a star-studded cast that leaves you wanting nothing to do with Greek life. There is a mysterious killer that is hell-bent on murdering sorority and fraternity members. This show is freaking hilarious and absolutely gory...and I love every minute of it.

7. Stranger Things

Surprisingly, lots of people that I've asked have not seen this show and it just blows my mind. So many people are missing out and you have too if you haven't seen "Stranger Things". The adorable cast tries to figure out another dimension when one of their best friends mysteriously goes missing. Please watch this. Now.

8. Shut Eye

"Shut Eye" is a newer show that was just released on Hulu. This was one of those shows that I sat down and binge-watched the entire first season in a couple of days. If you ever wonder if psychics are phonies, this show explores the lives of psychics in LA. There are mafias, murders, and many more scandals that make this show so intense and amazing. Give the new show some love and add it to your must-see, binge-watch list.