Why You Should Stop Caring What Others Think

We all want to be liked by everyone. I mean, come on, who doesn't? Human validation is a real thing, my friends. But, as we all grow up, we begin to realize that is nearly impossible. Now, I am guessing you're thinking, so that sucks and thank you (not) for pointing that out...but what is the purpose of this statement? Well, I put together a list of some ways you can reconstruct your mentality, let loose, and focus on surrounding yourself with people who know your worth and respect you for all your quirks. Because you do you, sista!

You are always going to have those people who do not see eye-to-eye with you 

Our society consists of a broad and diverse population, filled with individuals of different races, ethnicities, and socioeconomic backgrounds. Can you imagine a country where everyone had the same viewpoints? Boring!

It will cause you to go CRAZY 

Seriously, anxiety will brew. Skin will crawl. Not only that, but it will result in a reduced focus on things that actually matter in life (A.K.A. one's family, health, passions, and interests).

It may lead you to refrain from doing the things you love and make you feel content 

And what's more important than that? Still waiting …

Once you stop caring, people will be drawn to you 

The "I don't give a f*ck" mentality gives off robust confidence and assurance, which is a magnet to people.

We all have the privilege and right to the freedom of speech, so take advantage of it!

I promise you there will be people out there who are in favor of what you have to say and encourage you to continue to speak up against the crowd.

You will mature from your willingness to break loose from societal expectations 

Trust me, you will develop faster than your peers who are constantly judging themselves and worse, others, on every single little thing.

Often times, we feel the need to impress others in any way possible in order to feel validated and “good enough” 

But in truth, one's feeling of worth should come from within, not from other people's opinions about you. Remember – you are great just the way you are and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

All in all, those who are judging you for being yourself, are NOT worthy of your precious time and mental capacity 

Surround yourself with people that care about what you have to say and do not judge you, on any account. Once you find those people, make sure to keep them close and cherish them.