Hanukkah has arrived. Eight days of celebration, candles and presents -- that is, if you're lucky enough to still get eight presents as a college student. As we are in the midst of finishing up the semester and cramming for finals, it is important to remember the holiday. There are many ways to take a break from studying and enjoy the festival of lights such as...
1. Watching Funny Jewish Acapella Group Videos
"Let's celebrate our ancestry we've got... the latke recipe!"
2. Making Latkes
Grab your apple sauce!
3. Secret Santa - or "Hush Hush Hanukkah" in our case
It's more fun if you don't tell anyone who you have!
4. Lighting the candles with your friends/family
If you're not allowed to have candles in your dorm, you can get yourself an electric menorah for the window.
5. Dreidel tournaments
Get creative with prizes/rules!
If your parents do send you gifts at school, will you open them all at once or really wait to open one a night?
7. Watching certain episodes of your favorite shows
"Friends," "Rugrats," "The O.C.," etc.
8. Overall, it's a time to be proud you're Jewish
So however you're going to celebrate the holiday this year... Happy Hanukkah!