8 Reasons To Love The 1975

8 Reasons To Love The 1975

You've probably heard their famous song "Chocolate," but they are so much more than that.

43
8 Reasons To Love The 1975
gannett-cdn.com

You probably know them from the song “Chocolate” that became popular a couple years ago, however the 1975 is so much more than just that one particular song. They’re extremely innovative and creative producers, songwriters and musicians and have just released their tour dates for North America which kicks off in October. See you November 25, The 1975.

1. They cross all genres.

From songs like “Girls” and “The Sound” that are uber-pop to soft, melodic ballads like “Falling For You” and “Nana” to R&B influences in “If I Believe You," their music crosses all genres and they say they love that. They like to experiment with different sounds and don’t like to categorize themselves. Pop, alternative, electronic, rock - it doesn’t matter. All that matters is the incredible music.

2. They are original and innovative.

They have been together since when they were all in high school and their manager specifically set up a record label just for them because no one would sign them. Because of this, they make the type of music they want to and aren't tied down by anyone else's vision for them.

3. They are from the U.K.

Who doesn't love a great British boy band?

4. "Somebody Else" music video.

Just released a couple weeks ago, it already has over five million views and I think I may have contributed to about half of those. All I can say is just watch it.

5. The song “Robbers.”

[rebelmouse-proxy-image https://media.rbl.ms/image?u=%2Ffiles%2F2016%2F07%2F31%2F636055884987572945-1661413557_robbers.gif&ho=https%3A%2F%2Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net&s=951&h=05437aeb0fd54652ab61a2c6b9a5fca7040c83e1eddd367e15968f9b8f8dcf45&size=980x&c=3167544783 crop_info="%7B%22image%22%3A%20%22https%3A//media.rbl.ms/image%3Fu%3D%252Ffiles%252F2016%252F07%252F31%252F636055884987572945-1661413557_robbers.gif%26ho%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net%26s%3D951%26h%3D05437aeb0fd54652ab61a2c6b9a5fca7040c83e1eddd367e15968f9b8f8dcf45%26size%3D980x%26c%3D3167544783%22%7D" expand=1]

This song in and of itself gives me the feels every time I listen to it. This is the one song I would have someone listen to if they have never heard the 1975 before.

6. Their live production/set.

For reference, “UGH!” music video.

7. How beautiful they are.

Aside from exuding talent musically, their looks definitely don’t hurt either. Pictured above from the GQ "Some of the most stylish men in existence" feature.

8. Matty Healy himself.

Watch any interview of frontman Matty Healy and he is absolutely mesmerizing. He is so intelligent, yet humble and incredibly well-spoken. He speaks from the heart and is so candidly honest and fervent about what he does. And he’s good to look at as well.

From Your Site Articles