8 Reason Snow Sucks

8 Reason Snow Sucks

A Chicagoan's mini-rant about the suckage of snow

1482
8 Reason Snow Sucks

I’ve lived next door to Chicago my entire life. While I love a lot of things about it, there is one thing I just cannot stand: snow. Yes, I understand that this shouldn’t be the worst thing about living here, but for me it is. Let me explain:

1. Cold.

Snow is cold. Very cold. Below freezing to be exact. The air around the snow is cold. Why? Why is this necessary? If snow happened in the warmth it would be so much more enjoyable.

2. Snow gets everywhere.

Opening a car door could result in an avalanche in you car. Snow manages to fall down through the minuscule gap between your clothes and your skin. Snow has the same properties as sand but as stated above, its cold and it falls from the sky.

3. Slipping is a real issue.

It’s so hard to even take a step without falling flat on your face.

4. Driving becomes exponentially more difficult.

Fishtailing, donuts, breaks not working, everything goes wrong! Not only do you struggle to drive but everyone else does too.

5. It looks gross.

Sure, it's pretty when it fall but as soon as it hits the ground all bets are off. It turns into brown slush and makes everything look nasty.

6. Melting.

Even though I’m so glad that the snow is finally leaving, melting has negative side effects. The random piles of snow and ice take away any sliver of hope of winter ending. The snow that does melt created endless mud piles that will eat you if you accidentally step in one.

7. Shoveling snow is the worst form of exercise imaginable.

Forget burpees, this is worse. You're outside literally moving snow from one place to another just in time for more snow to fall.

8. Sabotage.

Snow balls are flying everywhere. You can't walk out your front door without being hit!

There you go. My top eight reasons that snow sucks. I'm going to hibernate now so wake me up when the snow is gone.