8 Powerful Quotes From "The Shack"

8 Powerful Quotes From "The Shack"

and what they mean to me

28998
8 Powerful Quotes From "The Shack"

When I first watched the movie, The Shack, I was going through a rough time and needed God more than ever. This movie is so healing. So, here are a few of mine and my friends favorite quotes and what they mean to me!

1."When all you see is your pain, you lose sight of me."

Psalm 55:22 - Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken.

i don't know of a single person who hasn't been through something that hurt them. You have to choose to focus on God and give your pain to him.

2. "Don't ever think that what my son chose to do didn't cost both of us dearly. Love leaves a mark. I never left him and I never left you."

John 3:16- For God so loved the world, that he gave his one & only Son. So that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life.

God literally let his only Son go through all that pain to save you and me!!! That is how much he loves us. A love like that never leaves and it never fails.

3. "You were created to be loved! If pain is left unresolved, it will keep you in this spot and you will forget what you were created for!"

Romans 8:28- And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

Let God help you! Don't let pain overcome your life. Remember that you were created for a purpose & to love & to be loved & GOD IS LOVE!!!

4. "Even if you can't see it, you ARE in the center of our love and purpose. And out of all the galaxy, how beautiful it is, it's nothing compared to how we see you."

Psalm 139:14- I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

Sometimes we may feel inadequate or not pretty enough or not strong enough, but in God's eyes... we are one in a million. We are so beautiful... even more beautiful than the whole galaxy.... that's pretty amazing.

5. "Religion? Religion is way too much work. I don't want slaves, I want friends. Friends to share life with!"

John 15:15- I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.

There are so many definitions of religion and so many people take it out of context. God wants to be your friend--he wants to be your best friend. He wants you to confide in him and share life with you.

6. "I can work together incredible good in the tragedies, but I don't orchestrate the tragedies."

John 10:10- The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.

Often times when something bad happens in our lives we blame God and we scream and cry and wonder why it had to happen. I'm totally guilty of this myself. But we have to realize that God works so many things out of the trials we face, but he is not the cause of them. There is an enemy and he is out to sway us with troubles. So, don't get it twisted!! I have learned firsthand of the amazing things God can do through the tragedies-- you just have to turn to him.

7. "You're not stuck because you can't, you're stuck because you won't. You don't have to do this alone. I'm here with you."

Matthew 28:29- ..and remember i am with you always, even until the end of the age.

You have to be willing. Willing to let Him in. Willing to go to Him and let Him lead you. You're never alone. God is with you always.

8. "Yes, [the garden is a mess]. It’s wild and wonderful and perfectly in process. This mess is you"

Jeremiah 29:11- For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

When we look around at our lives, we may stop and think, "wow I'm a mess" or "I need to get it together" but when God looks down, He sees His perfect plan in affect! He doesn't see a mess, He sees the beauty in the craziness.

If you haven't seen this movie yet, I strongly encourage you to do so! It is a great experience of the presence of God and it really puts everything into prespective.