8 MUST-DO Activities Over Holiday Break

8 MUST-DO Activities Over Holiday Break

Here are 8 things to put on your holiday bucket list if you live in the Metro-Detorit area....

28
8 MUST-DO Activities Over Holiday Break
Squarespace

The holiday season is in full force with Christmas right around the corner. For many, this means spending time with friends and family ringing in the holiday spirit. Living close to a major city, there are always events going which allow people to celebrate the most wonderful time of the year. If you are in the Metro-Detroit area this holiday season, here are 8 activities that MUST go on your holiday bucket list....

1. Detroit Zoo Wild Lights

The Detroit Zoo lights up again this holiday season. With over five million LED lights covering trees, buildings, and animal sculptures, the Wild Lights attraction is a must see. It is enjoyable for all ages and makes for a wonderful family night out during the holidays.

2. Detroit Zoo Santa Breakfast

Along with the light attractions, the Detroit Zoo annually puts on a Breakfast with Santa event. Tickets include a buffet-style waffle breakfast, arts and crafts for the kids to create, and a special visit from Santa himself.

3. Holiday Lights Trolley Ride

This trolley ride takes passengers to some of Detroit's most extravagant holiday attractions. Dress in your best holiday gear as your tour guide shows you the best Detroit as to offer including stops like Rochester's Big Bright Light Show, Detroit Zoo Wild Lights, and Campus Martius. It is the best way to check all of these attractions off your list in just one night!

4. Holiday Night At Greenfield Village - Henry Ford Museum

This attraction is said to be like "like stepping into a Christmas card from the past." The night includes lantern-lit paths, costumed presenters, horse-drawn wagons and Model T rides, plus Santa with live reindeer. The whole experience ends with a firework show finale. It doesn't get much better than that, right?

5. Go to a Red Wings game - Farewell Season At The Joe

If you are in downtown Detroit this holiday season, you must stop at Joe Louis arena to see the Red Wings play one last time. Throughout the season, prizes are given to fans including holiday hats and ugly sweaters. Don't miss seeing your favorite players out on the ice!

6. Campus Martius

Campus Martius is a park in the heart of downtown Detroit. It is lit up and beautifully decorated for the holidays. It is centered around an ice skating rink, where friends and family come to enjoy watching each other fall on their faces while trying to skate. Events differ from night to night, however just being in this atmosphere will get you in the holiday spirit.

7. Bronner's CHRISTmas Wonderland - In Frankenmuth

Bronners is THE place for all your holiday needs. It's ginormous, family-owned store has everything you could possibly think of, from personalized ornaments to lights and decorations. Walking through the store truly makes you feel like you are in a Christmas wonderland. If you have never experienced it before, you must check it out this holiday season.

8. Lake Shore Drive -Grosse Pointe

The houses down this street don't play around. They are beautiful and huge to begin with, then when these lights are added it is like something out of a movie. Some houses have their lights themed, or even set to holiday music. People get in their cars, all bundled and warm, and drive up and down the street admiring the beauty of these impressive houses.

This holiday season, try checking out one of these activities in the Metro-Detroit area. They make for great holiday family fun, and I promise you won't be disappointed. Happy holidays everyone!