8 Movies You Need To See To Fully Appreciate 'Avengers: Infinity War'

Marvel movies in order to help understand

1093
Marvel Studios

There is a certain appeal to superhero movies. Maybe it's the complex plots, the comic books coming to life, or simply you think the actors are cute. Whatever your reason is we can probably agree that there's nothing quite like a superhero movie. On April 27, 2018, Marvel released “Avengers: Infinity War." The movie has already surpassed one billion dollars in ticket sales.

Because the movie has outstanding reviews and an all-star cast even those not so into superheroes will still want to see this movie. However, “Avengers: Infinity War” is part of a series. It includes many characters and can have someone lost if they haven't seen any previous Marvel movies. In order to solve this problem, I created a list of movies for someone to watch if they don't consider themselves to be a Marvel fanatic. The movies are in order of how you should watch them and don't contain any spoilers.

1. Captain America: The First Avenger

The in-universe chronological first events that jump-start Cap's heroic personality and leadership skills.

2. Captain America: Winter Soldier

Captain America plays an important role in “Avengers: Infinity War” so if you are not sure who he is or his background you might be a little confused. If you watch these movies you will know his background and relationship between the other characters and Captain America. In “Captain America: The First Avenger," you will see how he came to be and the feats he has to overcome. There is also a cameo in “Avengers: Infinity War” that you will only understand if you have seen “Captain America: Winter Soldier."

3. Avengers: Age of Ultron

This is an important one to see because you get to see the dynamics of the team together. Without seeing this before “Avengers: Infinity War," you might be confused on who knows who. They are many characters in “Infinity War” so seeing this movie beforehand will help with knowing who the original Avengers are and how they became a team in the first place.

4. Guardians of the Galaxy

These movies are where you will meet the Guardians of the Galaxy. They all play big roles in “Avengers: Infinity War” so it's important you know these characters.

5. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. II

In these movies, you also meet the villain in “Avengers: Infinity War," Thanos. If you watch these movies before seeing “Avengers: Infinity War," then the name Thanos will not be new to you and you will already know how cruel he can be.

6. Doctor Strange

Doctor Strange is neither in the Avengers or the Guardians of the Galaxy so if you haven't seen his movie you will not know who he is. He proves to be an important character because he is the holder of an Infinity Stone which happens to be the only thing the villain, Thanos, wants. It is important that you know who he is because he plays a very important role.

7. Black Panther

“Black Panther” is a new addition to Marvel movies only being released a few months ago. Nonetheless, it is equally important that you see it before “Avengers: Infinity War." “Black Panther” takes place in Wakanda and very important events also happen in Wakanda in “Avengers: Infinity War." So if you do not know about Wakanda or the technologies they have there you will be confused.

8. Thor: Ragnarok

“Avengers: Infinity War” picks up right where “Thor: Ragnarok” leaves off. This is important because if you see “Thor: Ragnarok," you will understand why the characters are where they are. This movie is also important to see because it will give you background on Thor and his family, especially his complex relationship with his brother Loki.

These movies cover the basics. But if you want the full Marvel Cinematic Universe experience, you'll need a Hulkbuster-sized bag of popcorn.