8 Inspiring Quotes on Why You Should Vote in the Upcoming Presidential Election

It is a civic duty to vote and the year 2020 provides all the necessary reasons why one must vote

52

As we are heading into the final week of the 2020 election the United States has the date Nov. 3, 2020 on the top of their mind. This day is election day and it is an election day like nobody has experienced. As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic and current state of the world, a record number of mail-in ballots have been placed as people want to stop the spread of COVID-19 that many fear voting in person can spread the virus. Regardless if you have voted by mail or will plan on voting in person, it is a civic duty that one should vote as an American citizen. Here are 8 inspiring quote on why you should vote in the upcoming presidential election.

Peggy Noonan "Our political leaders will know our priorities only if we tell them, again and again, and if those priorities begin to show up in the polls."

Author Peggy Noonan offers insightful advice on why a vote matters. It is common sense that in order for change to happen you must tell the government by voting. This quote is straight to the point and has no hidden message.

Nanette L. Avery: "Talk is cheap, voting is free; take it to the polls."

As a novelist herself, Avery says talk all you want, but if you want to see change you must vote. This quote offers advice on how writing your opinions on social media is not as effective as voting in an election.

Keith Ellison: "Not voting is not a protest. It is a surrender."

This quote and the phrasing of it all captures the essence of how giving up is not an option in elections. Do not surrender by not voting, fight the good fight and if you vote, you do not surrender but fight back. As a politician, this is inspiring.

Barack Obama: "There's no such thing as a vote that doesn't matter

Society has been drilled how every opinion and moment matters. Former US president Obama has a message to the American people that when you vote there is a purpose to it which is a similar idea to how there is no such thing as a stupid question.

Jens Stoltenberg: "By voting, we add our voice to the chorus that forms opinions and the basis for actions."

NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg

The NATO Secretary gives advice on how having just one method or ideology is boring. Society needs to have diverse opinions and beliefs on methods and politics. For him, voting is the way to induce the diverse opinions and ideologies society needs to function.

George Jean Nathan: "Bad officials are elected by good citizens who don't vote."

As a drama critic and magazine editor Nathan makes it clear how the leadership a person in power holds all depends on voters. An effective leader in power results in those who put in their vote because they care how their society will look and function.

Roald Dahl: "Somewhere inside of all of us is the power to change the world."

Author Roald Dahl has one message everyone needs to hear: the power to change the world starts with you. Dahl focuses on the individual self to empower those to vote and it isn't others who should choose which change you want to see.

Susan B. Anthony: "Someone struggled for your right to vote. Use it."

When women were given the right to vote in 1920, it made society happy that women are getting the rights that they deserve. Activist Susan B. Anthony wants everyone to know how it was a struggle to achieve equality on how women can vote as well as the men. It is so sad how it has only been 100 years where women were allowed to vote.