The 8 Most Frustrating Tracks In Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Acknowledging the tracks we love to hate in Mario Kart.

6181
Facebook

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is a great game, and one that expands upon the fantastic gameplay of Mario Kart 8 for the Wii U. However, as every kart racer knows, there are some tracks that are a pain to play. Here are the 8 most frustrating tracks in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

1. Grumble Volcano

I absolutely dread racing on Grumble Volcano. The track starts to fall apart after the first lap, fireballs start raining down, and the track seems to hate life itself. Grumble Volcano is definitely one of the most difficult tracks to race, and I’ve never heard anyone say that it is one of their personal favorites.

2. Bowser’s Castle

It is no secret Bowser and Mario have been at odds for a long time, so it only makes sense that Bowser is out for blood and bruises when kart racing in his castle. Filled with traps and curving roads, Bowser’s Castle is sure to make anyone cringe who is kart racing here.

3. Bone Dry Dunes

Desert track designs have never been my favorite, which doesn’t help Bone Dry Dunes avoid making this list. Although it isn’t one of the most difficult tracks, it has its fair share of challenges that can easily send someone in first place to the back of the pack. Due to those problematic challenges and the track design, Bone Dry Dunes can make any kart racer frustrated, even on a good day.

4. Wario Stadium

A tight track that encourages rough dog fights with other players, Wario Stadium can create some pretty crazy races. Not only is Wario Stadium a delicate track to drive, but it also contains one of the hardest turns to make in all of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. I’ve found myself getting better at racing in Wario Stadium, but it is definitely a hard track with a steep learning curve.

5. Sherbert Land

Sherbert Land is a complex track with several different paths. Not knowing the best path and always being confused with the path chosen makes Sherbert Land a frustrating track for me personally. It is also a track that seems to hit players hard with unfortunate items more so than other tracks. With these two factors combined, it definitely becomes one of the most frustrating tracks for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

6. Neo Bowser City

Filled with tight turns and close calls, Neo Bowser City is a tricky track to navigate. Drifting is a requirement to succeed when racing here, and many turns aren’t afraid to punish you if a drift isn’t performed perfectly. The design of the track is gorgeous, but the track itself can be enough to frustrate any beginners of Mario Kart.

7. Cheese Land

Perhaps the most annoying obstacle to ever exist in Mario Kart is in Cheese Land, and it is the craters in the middle of the road throughout the whole track. Although the craters can be used to jump and gain a little boost, they often times are hard to execute precisely. While the concept of the track is cool, it is hard to love this track with its cheesy curves and crazy craters.

8. Rainbow Road

Who doesn’t know of the horror that is known as Rainbow Road? Mario Kart 8 introduced a new space station version of the popular hardcore track. Although there are 3 versions of Rainbow Road on Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, I believe this version is the hardest one in the game due to how demanding some of the turns can be. Winding roads with sharp turns and no borders makes this a challenging course for newbies and veterans playing Mario Kart.