Some of us go through life feeling a little "dark and twisty." Some people might think that this makes you a pessimistic person, but you know that it just means you have strong feelings, times of stubbornness, and a realistic view of life. Whether you are a Grey's Anatomy fan or not, everyone has a little bit of Meredith Grey in them.
1. You have accepted that its impossible to feel happy and positive 100% of the time.
Being "dark and twisty" does not mean you are miserable, sad, or bitter. You know that some days suck and it's unrealistic to always expect to be upbeat and positive.
2. Sometimes you're in "the dark place." But no matter how bad things get, you know you will be okay.
You understand life gets hard. There will be bad days, bad weeks, even bad months where things just aren't how you want them to be. But you always know you will make it to the other side.
3. You know you can be a bit complicated sometimes.
You feel so deeply about everything and know it can be a lot to handle sometimes. You don't let this make you feel weak or different and accept yourself this way.
4. You are a die-hard friend.
No matter what happens, you know your friends are the most important things in this world. They are the people you would do anything for.
5. When life gets hard, you know you're strong enough to get through it.
You know that you are strong enough to get through whatever life throws your way. You don't need anyone to fix you.
6. But you know how to be there for those who need you.
Even if you have the strength to get through things alone, it doesn't mean you have to. When your loved ones are going through tough times, you stay by their side.
7. You probably have a best friend that's just as dark and twisty as you are.
You know each other better than anyone else. You've gone through a lot together and know they're not going anywhere. You argue like sisters but only because you want the best for each other. This is your person.
8. And finally, you know being dark and twisty is your strength.
You see things for how they are, know you can get through anything, and appreciate every day.